Author Topic: Uneasy sleeper  (Read 891 times)

Offline Dbb1632

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 18, 2016, 12:00:49 pm »
Hello! I have a 5.5 month old baby girl and have been quite successful establishing routines, etc. Still working on extending nap times, but headed in the right direction. We plan on having baby sleep in her room at 6 months  :-\ but I have these 3 major concerns:
1- she'll go to sleep at 7pm just fine, dream feed at 11. Just after 3am (varies every night) she won't actually wake up or start crying. Rather, she starts to sort of moan while lifting her legs up and down really hard on the mattress and moving side to side really quickly. Btw, it's not tummy related. She sleeps in a side cot atm, so I just get up and put her soother back in and usually this will work, although it always happens more than once. I don't know how I'm going to deal with this when she's in her own room, though.
2- since she's sleeping in the side cot, I sometimes do playtime in the cot in her nursery. Any advice on how to make it seem like a place for sleep as well?
3- she sleeps on her side and is rolling over all the time. She hasn't managed to roll back, though. For some reason she doesn't roll over in her side cot yet that's all she wants to do when playing in the one in her room. Should I get a sleep positioner?

I'm sorry that this post is so long! Between this and starting solids I'm a bit stressed. I hope you guys can help!
Thanks in advance!!!

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: Uneasy sleeper
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 18:41:57 pm »
1- she'll go to sleep at 7pm just fine, dream feed at 11. Just after 3am (varies every night) she won't actually wake up or start crying. Rather, she starts to sort of moan while lifting her legs up and down really hard on the mattress and moving side to side really quickly. Btw, it's not tummy related. She sleeps in a side cot atm, so I just get up and put her soother back in and usually this will work, although it always happens more than once. I don't know how I'm going to deal with this when she's in her own room, though.

Hi hun, my little one does this as well, one of the reasons she's still in my room at 3.5months. Same thing I pop her pacifier in and she goes back to sleep. Are you sure it's not gas related? Could she possibly be hungry there is a growth spurt right around 6 months and she could be hitting it early?

2- since she's sleeping in the side cot, I sometimes do playtime in the cot in her nursery. Any advice on how to make it seem like a place for sleep as well?

Might be just me, but I didn't do that for that very reason, I wanted it to be known as a place to sleep not play.

3- she sleeps on her side and is rolling over all the time. She hasn't managed to roll back, though. For some reason she doesn't roll over in her side cot yet that's all she wants to do when playing in the one in her room. Should I get a sleep positioner?
Not quite sure I understand? What would you need a positioner for? If she's ok when she rolls and stays asleep I would just leave her that way?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**