Author Topic: Wake To Sleep Question  (Read 1269 times)

Offline tar7045

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 18, 2016, 21:24:53 pm »
So I am doing WTS with my little 9 month bebe to help stop a habitual night waking.  She's a super light sleeper and I tried it last night and I just rubbed her cheek.  Her eyes flung open immediately and she closed them right after too. 

I thought to myself... "that was too easy... that can't be it..." so I waited 2 minutes and did it again, which she woke-woke up and started a full out scream.  Obviously the second time I woke her up by doing it... but the first one where her eyes flickered... was that it?  Just an open & close?? Do I look for anything other signs?

Thank you everyone for your help!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Wake To Sleep Question
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 07:15:32 am »
I would say the first touch was enough. They don't even need to open their eyes at all, a change in breathing, a shift in body position, any small sign that they were roused, this indicates the sleep cycle has been re-started.

If you find she fully wakes again perhaps look at the time you are going in to do the W2S.  you might be catching her at a difficult time, 10 or 20 mins earlier might be more successful for instance.

Good luck :)  I did not have success with W2S with my DS during night sleep but it was an absolute life-saver during the drop from 2 naps to 1.