Author Topic: 4 month old - half hour naps  (Read 856 times)

Offline Anders45

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
4 month old - half hour naps
« on: August 18, 2016, 18:22:08 pm »
K. This little girl is driving me nuts. She turns 4 months on the 26th and her naps are 30-45 minutes long. I have been trying to keep her up longer (she will stay awake content for like... 2-3 hours at a time, which seems like a long time for such a little baby...) and I feed her when she wakes up and sometimes, depending on how ravenous she is, before I put her to sleep (but not nursing to sleep). And she still sleeps half an hour. On occasion I can get her to go back to sleep, and I try to kind of wait her out to see if she'll do it on her own, but she usually won't. Though she does sleep really well at night, so maybe I shouldn't complain, I just work from home while her brothers sleep and it would be nice if they would all nap at the same time for 2 hours so I can get some work done (cause work doesn't happen while 2 year old toddlers are awake, chaos does). Anyways, here is her schedule:

7 wu feed
9 S
9.45 wu feed
11.30 (depending on the day) s
12.15 wu try to put back to sleep - if she's not asleep by 12.30 I just lay her on her playmat and work
1.00 feed
1.30 s
2.30 w feed (usually in an effort to keep her schedule in tact
4.30 s
5.30 wu cluster feed
7.30 bt
10 df
4 nf
6 nf

I do bring her into my bed for her night feed. And we are transitioning her to a crib soon from her bassinet. She is a really happy baby. And she usually falls asleep on her own. and I really only care about extending that lunch nap to better coincide with her brother's nap.
thank you!

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: 4 month old - half hour naps
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 18:43:52 pm »
Hi hun, it seems as if you are only getting a 45min nap in the AM? 45min is usually UT but is she happy when she wakes up or still seems tired and just can't resettle?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline Anders45

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: 4 month old - half hour naps
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 19:35:51 pm »
for her 9 o'clock nap she is grumpy for her (she is really chill) and she is really happy when she wakes up from her morning catnap. (granted she is really happy when she wakes up at 4am too...). The 12 o'clock nap she still seems groggy and like she can't settle. We have blinds, but how the apartment is situated, it doesn't get very dark in there, but that hasn't been a problem before.