Author Topic: PU/PD and bed sharing  (Read 2207 times)

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: PU/PD and bed sharing
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 17:12:47 pm »
Will be back later!
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: PU/PD and bed sharing
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 19:39:37 pm »
For the settling in the crib, it was a bedside one so I sat by him and did shh pat. We got to self settling and then he got mobile and the crib wasn't safe any more. Argh! So I had to change everything.

I tried bouncing him to sleep (on my yoga ball) when I was figuring things out, but that meant I had to hold him tightly and he objected to that. Singing and having him on my lap is way better and if he goes to sleep this way, he sleeps well and often sleeps through.

I'm wondering if the feeding is too close to his sleep, and is disrupting him. Could you feed, then go upstairs for a little play before his nap? Only five minutes, but just to put that break in between.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline mummytodaniel

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 21:36:53 pm »
Yes I think consistency is going to be the important thing. Hopefully if I can start to increase his awake times it will make it easier to put him down slightly awake then I can go from there.

I think if I tried to do PU/PD he would definitely be one of those babies that takes 3 hours on the first day! He's a determined little thing :) Thanks again for all the advice, it really is helpful. And great to get advice that isn't just a variation on the cry-it-out theme.

MJ&N, just seen your reply, thanks! They are all so different aren't they. I bounce my little boy to sleep too... I call it rocking but I'm actually sat on the end of the bed bouncing up and down. It's tough on the old back sometimes! I'd never thought about the feeding thing. Maybe I could have a little sing song or a short book with him after the feeding, just to break it up a bit. Worth a try.