Author Topic: Oh help - don't remember it being so hard  (Read 10138 times)

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
Re: Oh help - don't remember it being so hard
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2016, 20:55:43 pm »
I'm so sorry. I didn't see your other post. So sorry you were ill. Are you ok now?

Great news on the cluster feeding. He did great through the night.  Our night wasn't actually too bad. We've started weaning so she's been awake a bit with more wind but I think I've been reacting too quick as I left her last night trying to get sorted to feed and when I looked she had went back to sleep herself. It's hard to work on indpendent sleep as a lot of naps are out and about. But she is so incredibly pleasant that it's not an issue (yet!) 😝😝

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2016, 10:17:40 am »
Just checking in. How are things? Xxx

Offline Vally

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2016, 20:38:13 pm »
Hi. We are good although I've stopped breastfeeding so still beating myself up. I got really poorly so the doctor said I needed to get some rest so started introducing some more formula which led to my milk supply diminishing and without going into all the details decided to stop. I feel terribly guilty as I fed the other 2 for a year but I know it was the right thing for me and babe and the rest of the family. LO has taken to the formula ok, he's not a massive eater maybe 3 or 4 oz top about every 3 or 4 hours. Nights are still pretty similar. He goes to bed at 630pm, can wake anytime from 11-2 so have has the odd night where he just has 1 feed at 2ish but most nights around 12 and 3am. He's often then unsettled from 4am. We had some awful nights after his 8 week jabs where he was up all night screaming but hoping he's settled now. I just hope he soon starts to settle better after 4am. How are you and LO? X

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2016, 09:10:50 am »
Awh hugs xxx 

So sorry you had to stop feeding. So disappointing for you after all the work you put in but you've done what's best for your family so don't beat yourself up with guilt xxx

The good thing with bottle feeding is at least you and DH can share the NFs and that rough period from 4am. That's the one thing i resent about BFing!!!

We're doing ok. Sleep had gotten a lot better but since starting solids has been disrupted again but easier to settle if she wakes without a feed.   I think she's just a sensitive tummy and still very windy. But we'll get there.

Offline Vally

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2016, 17:41:03 pm »
Yes it's been good in that respect but really miss the BF too. Oh yes you have solids now, have all that to come. I think I just need to get used to my day starting at 4am for a while. He goes to bed early at 630pm so I guess with his naps he's probably not that tired at 4am??!! Good lucking getting back on track abc thanks for all your support. Well done for still BF xx