Author Topic: Napping, EASY routine and getting out and about  (Read 743 times)

Offline Rhiannasummer

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Napping, EASY routine and getting out and about
« on: August 21, 2016, 14:06:51 pm »
Have a 6 week old little boy and now considering putting into place an EASY routine (after loosely trying to follow it). My LO now seems a little more settled and I think a routine will help with eating and napping.

I'm going to start tomorrow and wanted some advise/ experiences on getting out and about when starting to implement the routine. My LO doesn't nap great when out and about, he will either stay awake or be in and out of sleep so not getting the full benefit of a nap. He hasn't been great in napping up to this point in general but does seem to have settled a bit now which is why I thought starting the routine now would be a good idea.

Should I stay in for a week or two when implementing a routine so that this is established as much as poss before introducing going out? Or is it best to get out and about when I'm implementing so LO gets used to this? Would be useful to have other views and experiences of what you did.

My husband is home relatively early so can take over which is when I can get out so I'm not worried about my sanity during this period. And if he can't it's only a short time so willing to make sacrifices to get things in place.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Napping, EASY routine and getting out and about
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 18:21:32 pm »
Hi, at 6 weeks I used the advantage of naps being more frequent and getting out and about.
Really for us I'd time the car ride/walk etc after feed and to coincide with nap time.

Some babies nap well in pram and some nap well in the cot, both of my kids were/are cot nappers so if I go out I expect short naps but DS1 is 4 so not relevant and DS2 is 7 months next week so I try and do 1 cot nap at home and then accept if I need to go out the next nap will be short (not always)

I'd say go out at this age and enjoy the freedom as its long days stuck in for all naps in the cot, maybe try and do the morning at home and go out in the afternoon if you want a balance of both.

Zoe