Author Topic: Capping naps?  (Read 6755 times)

Offline AshleyMegan

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2016, 12:56:30 pm »
Ahh so we did it, we took the plunge 80% of the days.
She sleeps from about 1:30-4pm now, and actually has a more sound sleep at night.  Yesterday she fell asleep in the morning in the car so we had to do a pm nap...and thanks to the video monitor, you can tell she wasn't sleeping as sound.

Thank you so much for all your help!

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Capping naps?
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2016, 13:21:59 pm »
Woo hoo!! It sounds like she's doing amazing!  You will get those odd days where they fall asleep in the morning and need a 2 nap day, usually as you said in the car, but it doesn't normally affect things too much if the majority are 1 nap days.

Offline AshleyMegan

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2016, 19:19:20 pm »
I swear...everytime I say it goes good, something changes.  Haha.

The past 2 days, she has gone for her nap at 1:30.  She wakes up screaming about an hour, 1 hour 5 minutes into her nap.  She sits up, does a lap around her crib and tries to go back to sleep.  She doesn't consistently cry, just off and on, so not enough for me to go to her.   She keeps lying back down to try to sleep, then sits back up, and repeats the process.  Yesterday she did this for a good 45 minutes and then fell back asleep until 4:30.

Any thoughts on this?  Could she be over tired?  Do I attempt to go back to 2 naps?  I'm at a loss!

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Capping naps?
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2016, 11:54:25 am »
How long have you been sticking to 1 nap now?  At a certain point I think you have to go for it and stick with it, so if you think OT is a factor I think I would probably opt to move nap earlier.  Any teeth coming through?  What you are describing sounds a lot like my DD when she's teething or sick.