Author Topic: Late afternoon naps  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: August 23, 2016, 22:01:55 pm »
Any suggestions on getting lo to take a late afternoon nap? He's awake from about 4 pm after a 45 min nap and I Can't get him to nap before bed. So he will be up from 4 until next feeding and bedtime at 7/730 but that's 3 hours until then and last night he wouldn't go to sleep probably ot but had to keep going up to resettle him until almost 945!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Late afternoon naps
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 22:07:12 pm »
It's the witching hour isn't it (several hours more like).  When that time of the evening was hard for us we sometimes had luck with a sling and the vacuum cleaner on - the forwards and backwards rocking of the vac, the white noise of it and the closeness of the sling, we could sometimes get a bit of sleep out of him with all that going on.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 22:31:39 pm »
how old is your LO? We are having the same issue. I have a 4 month old and she refuses all naps after like 3. She's over her "witching hour" per say but just wants to be awake and with everyone. It's driving me nuts.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 23:25:48 pm »
It's def the witching hour!! Lol my lo is just about 6 weeks and my big guy just turned 3! I've just been bringing him upstairs early and doing bedtime and feeding early which usually works except last night when he kept calling us back in for hours!!tonight I did the same thing and he falls asleep I put him down and about 15 mins later he's crying and we have to keep going back in!

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 23:41:16 pm »
Ok first call back already 15 mins after being put down fast asleep.  I go up take him out try to burp him but no luck. Put him back in he's still asleep and he will call me up again. My husband insists he doesn't want to be swaddled because when we go up he's all squirming. And Both kids are giving us trouble going to bed tonight it's been awful  changing formula and bottles we haven't had much of a gas issue. Im afraid to unswaddle because then his arms flailing around wakes him up. Ugh this is tricky

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 07:38:14 am »
In the BW book Tracy says it takes 20 mins for baby to move into deep sleep, I wonder if you are leaving 5 mins early?  I don't want to 'chain you to the cot' but perhaps another 5 mins would help him move to deep sleep and sleep a bit longer?

hugs, sounds hard x