Author Topic: EW 3 year old  (Read 753 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: August 24, 2016, 10:05:24 am »
My newborn is now 6 weeks old and we are starting to get sleep issues with my 3 year old waking early and having trouble going to bed when we've never had an issue with either. He also seems to be fearful of the dark and  he has a few nightlight in room.  When I wake up during the night his room light is on as if he's been up and put the lights on.  Today he was up at 5 AM he went to another room put the light on and lay down on the floor.  He doesn't nap but the days are becoming very long when he doesn't resettle in the morning.  I've tried earlier bedtimes but it doesn't seem to work he still has trouble going to sleep at night wanting us to stay in the room etc.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: EW 3 year old
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 10:26:06 am »
Hi there it's tough for the first child when number 3 comes along, he's still adjusting and possibly trying to get some attention. What happens at 5am do you get up or will he go back to sleep if you let him in your bed or someone lay on his floor?
Zoe

Offline Jodes112

• Showing Appreciation 42
  • You got this! 🙌🏻
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 10:41:13 am »
3 is a great age to start the gro clock! (If you dont have one already)

Its also a great age for imagination and thinking there are spooksand witches in the shadows.

Both mine went through this and for both we introduced the gro clock, and a night light.
Jody
 xx