Author Topic: 35 min naps? Dreaded 4month sleep regression?  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
35 min naps? Dreaded 4month sleep regression?
« on: August 25, 2016, 20:09:29 pm »
Hi all, so if my memory from my DS serves me right 35 min naps usually mean OT but my DD's A time seems about right at 1hr 30min. She'll be 4months in 5 days and a few days ago she started short napping like crazy. I can get one good nap and then it's all down hill. I can rarely get her to nap after 3/4pm.

EASY

Awake/E 8
A
S: 9:30-11/11:30
E: 1130
A:
S: 1
This is when it goes down hill. She's ether really hard to get down and then only seeps for 35/40 min or she's easy to go down but still short naps.
A:
E: 2:30
S: I shorten A to 1hr so 2:45 but she'll still only nap 35-40 min.
And the day goes to pot. Then I can't seem to get her to nap at all after 3/4 even trying to APOP In the swing etc.
She is happy when she wakes no matter how little she sleeps so I don't know what it is.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 35 min naps? Dreaded 4month sleep regression?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 07:30:28 am »
It does sound like the 4 month regression, DS's 4 month regression began at 3.5 months, I wasn't expecting it at all.
As the first nap is still good I would leave the first A time for now and increase the second moving towards 1hr 45.
I know for many accepting a couple of  months of short naps until the tricky phase has passed is the only option but I've also seen some people move quickly on those times and manage to get the decent naps back.
I wouldn't shorten the A too much after a short nap too, honestly I think that was the problem I had, mine liked his A side on the longer side of times and I ended up reducing it way too much.  What I'm saying is, if I had my time again I'd increase not decrease.

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 08:28:08 am »
35min for us is UT rather than OT so agree with creations to try a little A increase.
Lauren

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 10:36:50 am »
Thanks  I want my great sleeper back. Its probably a moot point as she starts nursery in 2 weeks anyway and it'll all go to pot. But ill try. Thanks.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**