Author Topic: How much day time sleep for 10.5 month old?  (Read 1176 times)

Offline lyssie28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How much day time sleep for 10.5 month old?
« on: September 01, 2016, 07:00:11 am »
Hi I'm trying to sort out my 10.5 month olds routine.  She hasn't had much of one unfortunately as we have been out through the days to make to most of he weather before my 3 year old starts nursery.  I have noticed she will not even sleep in her pram even if she is really tired.  She wakes up a few times in the night still too and wakes around 6.30.  If I do:

Wu 6.30

Nap 9.00-9.45

Nap 1.00 - 2.30

Then bedtime between 6.30 and 7?

Will she be getting enough A time? Or too much before bedtime? I find if she naps after 3 she is difficult to put to bed.

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: How much day time sleep for 10.5 month old?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 19:35:12 pm »
Hi!

Here are the links for average amounts of sleep & A times at this age ..there are quite wide parameters though!
Typical Amounts of Day and Night Sleep
Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!

As you see, the amounts and length of naps can vary a lot at this age, but one shorter and one longer nap is a common pattern for a 10.5month old. The act timings are really up to you and your baby.
 I have also heard of people doing a 2.5;3;4 routine at this age (2.5 hrs first A time, 3hrs 2nd A time and 4hrs A time to bed) which is what your routine looks like and works well for some.

Is the routine you posted what your DD is doing, or a routine that you are trying to get her to do?
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD