Author Topic: Getting rid of dummy/pacifier - 2.5 year old  (Read 812 times)

Offline ladymugg

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Getting rid of dummy/pacifier - 2.5 year old
« on: September 14, 2016, 09:20:52 am »
Hey there

My lovely daughter only has a dummy for sleep.  But we would like her to stop using it.  One reason is that sometimes she is waking in the night because she loses it in her bed.  (I'm not sure that's the main reason she calls out but I want that excuse to be gone).  Note: waking only about once in the night so it's not massive or anything.

But I think she's at a time she could lose it.  She has a cuski comforter which she can still have.

Tried the dummy fairy thing a couple of months ago.  Now looking ahead to Santa as we get closer to Christmas.

Wondering if it's too cruel to go cold turkey :(  we have a 5mo son so don't want her to be up all night as well! ;)

Sorry in advance if this is posted in the wrong section.
Mum to DD born April 2014 and DS born April 2016.

Offline Flowery1106

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Getting rid of dummy/pacifier - 2.5 year old
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 16:44:08 pm »
I went cold turkey with mine when she was around 18 monthd. But night wakings didn't go away though.

I heard somewhere that it might help if you make a tiny hole to the paci with a small needle. That way, they can't feel the sucking pleasure they used to have. But I'd rather go for cold turkey if the child has always been a good sleeper. That's just my opinion.

Hth.

Offline ladymugg

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Getting rid of dummy/pacifier - 2.5 year old
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 19:06:31 pm »
Funny that - last week the dummy got a split/crack in it I guess just from being used for 2 years and that hasn't changed her desire for it!  Argh! Maybe I need to make more holes. 
Mum to DD born April 2014 and DS born April 2016.