Author Topic: Night feeds for a 3 month old  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Kfro

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Night feeds for a 3 month old
« on: September 09, 2016, 08:21:21 am »
Hi,

My ds2 is 3.5 months and up until having his vaccinations at 3 months and hitting the growth spurt he was only waking once for a feed at night. I happily fed him more frequently throughout the growth spurt in order to help increase my supply and he was having three feeds each night. These three feeds have stuck around for two weeks however. So I was wondering what the norm is for ebf babies at this age? Could he still need 3 feeds each night? My ds1 was formula fed at night and only had one night feed for a long time so this is new territory for me! I am more than happy to feed him if that's what he needs but am very wary of it becoming a habit when we have done so well with him not having any props!

Offline zissi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Night feeds for a 3 month old
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 20:15:39 pm »
I think 3 times over night for a 3 months old is perfectly normal. sometimes they start waking more often when they become older, you could always sleep train then if needed.
Franziska

Offline alwaystired

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Night feeds for a 3 month old
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 17:43:59 pm »
My LO is 11 weeks and still needs 3 night feedings. Only twice since he was born did he 'sleep through the night'. Once for 5 hours and once for 7 hours.