Author Topic: EASY and bf every 1.5 hours  (Read 1444 times)

Offline alwaystired

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
EASY and bf every 1.5 hours
« on: September 10, 2016, 17:53:36 pm »
Just a quick question.
My LO and I have been doing EASY for a week now. He is 11 weeks and a big boy. 15 lbs and 27 inches long (he was off the charts for his 2 month check up). I'm finding sometimes that since he is a short napper, and he likes to eat every 1.5 hours, this results in nursing to sleep for some of his naps.

Is there any suggestion to avoid this? Or is it ok to do this sometimes at this early stage? Sometimes his EASY looks like this EASEAES. Is it ok to do that from time to time as long as its not always?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: EASY and bf every 1.5 hours
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 07:59:09 am »
Hi there
It's okay for a routine to be EASAEAS if LO needs to eat sooner or short naps.  I suggest just trying to put a little bit of A between E and S so that he's not feeding to sleep. A nappy change or just rousing him before putting him down will be helpful. I know you were working towards self settling so the aim is to have him awake at the end of the feed and then deal with the settling to sleep separately using the shush and firm hand as you were using (or a bit more if needed).
You might find the E stretches a bit when he has a longer naps, he will likely prioritise the sleep over the food and also use up fewer calories when sleeping so less likely to be hungry at 1.5hr but able to stretch out to 2, 2.5 and then 3hrs.

Hope this helps

If you're still getting short naps it's okay to post again on your EASY thread too :)

Offline alwaystired

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: EASY and bf every 1.5 hours
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 01:30:33 am »
Thank you. Makes sense.