Author Topic: Early waking since transition from 3-2  (Read 1038 times)

Offline ireneasheard

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: September 15, 2016, 20:22:32 pm »
My son is 5.5 months old. Have just moved from 3-2 sleeps -instigated by my son, I am following his lead as I could see his awake time increasing to 3 hours and he started splitting sleeps if put down too early and late afternoon nap getting later and later and needing to be capped.

EASY routine yesterday:
E
A
S
E 7.30am
A
S 10.20am
E 11.45am
A
S 2.50pm - catnapped and woke 3.30pm
E 4.00pm - had to take my eldest son swimming 4.30pm so got babe up to feed.
A
S 7.10pm. Asleep quite quickly
E 10.30pm
NW 3.50am put himself back to sleep.
EW 6am made noises but not crying. Did not go rushing in.

Day before was similar only was morning catnap and afternoon had 2 hour sleep and I woke babe at 4pm. Nw was 4.20am and I was resettling him after he cried badly at 4.50am and it took until 5.45am and I went to wake him 7.30am.

Any advice appreciated. Am unsure why he is waking. Along with this we have just started solids too so maybe this is part of it? He ate a bit of carrot and some breastmilk with baby porridge.
DS 1: Textbook baby, February 2012. Kind and loving big brother to...
DS 2: Textbook (with a little touchy) baby, April 2016. My smallest and dearest bear.

Offline Ulrica83

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • First time mom, a new beginner!
Re: Early waking since transition from 3-2
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 07:49:12 am »
We have the exact same problem with EW right now! Since we moved from 3 to 2 naps (succeeded just a week ago, before that it was a couple of weeks bouncing back and forth between 3-2). But I think that if LO sleeps from 7 pm until 6 am, he still gets his minimum of 11 hours at night? We're happy about that. When we started the transition he went to bed at 5.30 pm and woke 5.15 am - so 6.30 pm until 6 am is an improvement, at least for us.. I believe that when LO can handle more A time, the bedtime and WU will eventually be later?

Offline ireneasheard

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
Re: Early waking since transition from 3-2
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 09:28:29 am »
We have transitioned to 2 naps - well my son will do one sleep and a catnap actually - his awake times have increased dramatically so he is now doing anywhere between 3-4 hours awake at a time. The EW problem seems to have gone so it seems it was transitional. I did notice that he started waking earlier - but closer to 6.30am not 4.00am as he was - but we are on daylight savings time now so this isn't as much of an issue now.
DS 1: Textbook baby, February 2012. Kind and loving big brother to...
DS 2: Textbook (with a little touchy) baby, April 2016. My smallest and dearest bear.