Author Topic: Do I wake baby at 7am to start day if last feed was 6am?  (Read 935 times)

Offline Mummyneeds-sleep

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Do I wake baby at 7am to start day if last feed was 6am?
« on: September 19, 2016, 10:27:33 am »
Hi all, I'm new here so no idea what I'm doing really.

I've just started EASY, baby girl is 5 weeks old Wednesday and is my second. Very much struggling as 1st child  (now 4), basically fell into her own 4 hour routine from birth, and slept through 11-7 at 28 days old and never woke in the night again... so this babe is somewhat of a shock to the system having had the 'dream baby' 4 years ago.

Anyway, my question is that when splitting the day into 12 hour halves, if I put her down at 7.30pm after bath/massage/pj's on etc... do I then start the day at 7.30am? She's currently waking at around 5.30/6am... do I treat this as a night feed and put her back to bed with no A time, then wake her at 7.30am to start E/A/S? Or do I accept this early morning wake up as time to start the day from there?

I've considered changing bedtime to 6pm but at the moment it's impractical as we're also working around my 4 year olds routine.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Do I wake baby at 7am to start day if last feed was 6am?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 13:07:47 pm »
If bedtime is 7.30pm then I would aim start of day around 7.30am, but give or take 30 mins or so :)  I'd probably put her back down at 5.30/6am and see if she will settle off again :)  That said, she is only 5 weeks and it does seem common to have a shorter night and longer day at this age (anecdotally!) so it may be you need to just go with the flow for now, and she will settle into more of a pattern when she gets a bit bigger x