Author Topic: Question : How can I make longer morning sleeps?  (Read 855 times)

Offline Tubi

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Question : How can I make longer morning sleeps?
« on: September 20, 2016, 15:16:02 pm »
Hi All
I have 5 months old baby boy.. and I do shh pat technique for 3 days.. Good news, it goes well at nights, first day he slept after 1 hour crying and yesterday night it was 20 min shorter.

My question is about day sleeps. Actually ı did not have any routine for daytime, Today I started to do some short daytime routine like listening a slow music, closing the curtains and playing lullabies.
After crying like 1 hour he slept but sleeping time was only 30 minutes. Today he had 2 day sleep and both of them was 30 minutes...
How can I make this duration longer? I wonder if the reason is routines, because I had night routines since first day so he sleeps easier and longer at nights, but i did not have any routine for mornings...

I am looking forward to read your advices.
Thank you

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: Question : How can I make longer morning sleeps?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 11:25:34 am »
Hello, good job with the shush pat. I think certainly you need a daily routine. I will post shortly later with more info. Have you read the books or checked out the forum? Are you familiar with the EASY routine?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline Tubi

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 11:57:09 am »
Hi,
Yes I read the book, I also do easy routine, easy is a part of our life:) I could not check forum very well, I am trying to search when I had spare time...

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 16:40:55 pm »
Could you post a few days of your easy routine so we could take a peek at it? 30 minutes are usually indicative of being overtired. Does he go to sleep independently or do you need to help him? Has he ever gone to sleep independently?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**