Author Topic: 13 months old only eating carbonhidrates  (Read 1546 times)

Offline ceyardays

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 21, 2016, 12:06:41 pm »
Hi everyone
My lo is now about 13 months old, toddling for 10 days. I guess she is teething for the dogtooth. She was a nice eater and had a balanced nutrition plan till now. She is eating both by blw and with spoon. Now she just accepts to eat pasta, rice, bread or anything with carbonhidrates. She refuses proteins and vegetables. I know at the active phrases they need carbonhidrates too much but I dont want to ignore the proteins and vegetables. Is there anyway to make her love them again? Or is it just a phare and shold wait for it?
thanks...

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 13 months old only eating carbonhidrates
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 18:32:48 pm »
I would say it's a phase, especially if she is teething.  It also seems common for children around a year or so to become very suspicious of foods and seem quite fussy, which is part of their growing development and understanding of the world.  Personally I would try not to make too big a deal of it, keep offering a balanced diet but accept that for a time she may only want the 'safe foods'. I swear DD lived on nothing but cheese, raisins, yoghurt and cereal for a month around that age!  If you can be of the mindset that it is your job to provide nutritious balanced food, but it is entirely hers to eat it, I think that really helps :D