Author Topic: Sleep Regression?! HELP!!  (Read 990 times)

Offline KateCrunch

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 29, 2016, 09:09:35 am »
My 20 month old was a great sleeper up until Sunday. I have no idea what happened but from Sunday onwards he has refused his naps, only sleeping in the car on a journey home and in a pushchair on a walk, and the evenings have been awful. It took 3 hours of screaming on Sunday evening until we gave in and took him out in the car. He fell asleep within 20 minutes. So every night since we've tried getting him to sleep in his cot, failed, and taken him out in the car. I've experimented with later nap times and earlier bed times but so far no luck. He's now started waking during the night which he hasn't done in months. He was awake for 3 hours in the night last night and nothing would console him until he gave in at 5.45am and fell asleep on me. I just don't know what to try now. Any advice would be great TIA!!!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Sleep Regression?! HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 12:22:03 pm »
Sorry to hear about your troubles :(  What was his routine prior to Sunday?  Is he teething/ill?  Anything else changed e.g. got rid of a pacifier or similar?  Also I'm going to move your post over to toddler sleep as your LO is over 1 :)

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 12:47:19 pm »
Is he a premiee? Around 18mk the massive sleep regression starts so worth considering and usually canines start cutting through it difficult to say what plays a role with your toddler:). Have you considered APOPing the nap for now but preserving at bedtime with settling method?

My DS went through sleep regression at that age and needed temporary cut in his day sleep to settle well at night and don't wake. After 4-6 weeks his needs went back to normal.
~Marta