Author Topic: Pu/pd 6.5 m old  (Read 965 times)

Offline Sorbai

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: September 26, 2016, 04:12:11 am »
My babu was only.falling asleep being rocked so I decided enough is enough and started just holding while I sit and only doing slight rocking if she needed it but mostly.just letting her settle herself.in my arms (lots of crying, screaming tho....not fun) but then by the time she was settled she was also eyes closed basically sleeping so she wasn't falling asleep on her own in her crib

Decided to try more Strong pu/pd. I always put her in her crib firat and leave the room but she has never fallen asleep from that yet, she either plays til she cries and I go in or she doesn't even cry and eventually.I go in to prevent overtired. First I do hand on her , maybe a bit of shushing,  if she is getting more riled up I pat but really try to pat as least as she needs, if still not settling I pu and pd when she is calm or when she is arching back crying fighting me so I put her back down and again do hand on her back or patting

She almost never (like I think except for once) falls asleep without my hand on her or without patting. Is it becoming a prop? What else can I do.to.help.her fall asleep without me? I feel like everytime.I end up having to do more and more.bcuz it takes so long and she is not falling asleep so she gets overtired!  Usually if its taking. More than half hr, I help more to keep the overtiredness at bay

Ps a good day sched is 2 1.5-hr naps and wake Times of 2/2.5-3/3-3.25 (working on getting the middle awake time to 3 so bt is not.too early, last awake time I sometimes have to extend to get proper bt. The joys of the 3-2 transition)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Pu/pd 6.5 m old
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 18:32:59 pm »
You're really made great progress, well done :D  I wonder if you are putting her down and she is playing a long time, or taking ages to settle whether in fact she is undertired and needs a bit of a push, mainly that first A of the day?  Could you perhaps post a 'real' day or two for us to see?

Offline Sorbai

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 15:02:47 pm »
I haven't replied before now because of course since then her schedule has been thrown off every day by life getting in the way! But I did try to push off the first awake time, not by much because she really is so tired,  but starting wind down at 2 hrs so she'll be asleep by 2 hr 15 min ( instead of 15 min earlier) and now she just falls asleep while nursing which is part.of our wind down, and it doesn't seem to just be pacifier because she is definitely getting food. So this doesn't seem to be helping reach the goal of her falling asleep on her own in her crib.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Pu/pd 6.5 m old
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 12:27:34 pm »
If the routine has been all over she may just need to catch up.  Perhaps when you have a day or two clear you could post the EAS for us?

Nursing is a nice part of winddown and many people enjoy it, but if she is in danger of falling asleep I would try changing that up a bit.  A nursing to sleep prop is tough to break, so perhaps bring the feed 15 mins earlier if you really feel she needs it, and keep it in a bright room with things going on so she doesn't think it is sleep time.