Author Topic: 20 min naps in the day  (Read 5327 times)

Offline Gummi_bear63

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 20 min naps in the day
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2016, 20:33:40 pm »
I just wanted to pop in and say it's worth leaving your LO for a bit to see if he settles. I was feeding my son constantly overnight as he was waking every 40 minutes and I often would feed him back to sleep out of desperation. I'm not sure if it's because I did a little sleep intervention or because I trusted that he might go back, but I've started to leave my son to fuss for a bit(he was full on awake, staring right at me through the video monitor it seemed) and he managed to put himself back to sleep several times. I almost went in a few times but knew he wasn't really upset and waited.  I never believed it was possible but it happened!  Worth a try!  Can't hurt anything. I don't feed my son at all last night!   

I was reading this because his naps are terrible and short too!  Hoping to fix those next.

Offline torsmitch1981

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2016, 20:35:47 pm »
Thank you! I'll write down our routine for tomorrow, today was a bit tricky as we had a long car journey but he fed well

7.10am
11am
1pm
4pm
6.30pm

My DH can help he's very good and tells me to go downstairs to sleep..
I may try again tonight.. Feed maybe no later than 2am ish and see if he goes till the morning again with me not in the room.

Thank you for your help!

Offline torsmitch1981

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2016, 20:39:22 pm »
Ah thank you for the advice! I'll try not to go to him the second he makes a noise! It's just hard as you say your so tired and desperate for sleep, feeding is a quick fix I guess 🙈
Hope you have lots more good nights!
Thanks again :)

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: 20 min naps in the day
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2016, 21:22:03 pm »
I'd defo only go to him if he is crying an I need you cry. Fussing is fine to wait and see. Tracy advised this all the time.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011