Author Topic: 13 Month old wakes every 45 minutes  (Read 1188 times)

Offline MrsCordeiro

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 24, 2016, 21:35:43 pm »
Hi everyone new here. I'm desperately searching for some help as everything I've tried seems to fail. My DD used to sleep through the night until she hit 4 months. First it was every 3 hours, then 2, then 1 and now the last few months I'm lucky to get 45 minutes. She used to be exclusively breastfed, now she has two bottles 8oz a day since she turned 1 (if i offer her another bottle she rejects it) still demands to nurse when she wakes. She will start screaming so bad if I don't nurse her that even the neighbours can hear her. I dont want to let her CIO   :'( even though I have tried before in desperation but she wouldn't give up. She has never been able to fall asleep by herself only in the buggy and in the car. I try to sing to her or rock her but nothing works except the boobie and she just wakes up again for more. She takes two one hour naps a day, and has three meals eating everything me and DH eat. I'm so tired  :'( :'( :'(

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 13 Month old wakes every 45 minutes
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 05:32:49 am »
(((Hugs))) It sounds like it could be a mix of a few things - props, lack of self soothing skills and maybe needing to drop to one nap (or at least work towards it). Is she more a high/low/average when it comes to sleep needs? Has she ever fallen asleep independently? We don't support CIO here on BW but we can find a gentler way to get her (and you!) sleeping better. Oh, one other thing I wondered - does she only bf as a sleep prop?
Heidi

Offline MrsCordeiro

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 11:13:04 am »
She gets extremely irritable of she's even half an hour late for a nap do I'd say she high need sleep wise. But yesterday for some reason she dropped her evening nap by herself with no problem and went to bed at 9.3ppm instead of her usual very late sleeping time  (11 or 12 usually). She has never just layed down and fallen asleep except when she was a newborn. I'm pretty sure nursing is just for comfort like I am her own personal pacifier 😑😑 she sleeps in her cot in our room with the side taken off so when she wakes up she just rolls into us because before we took it off whenever we would put her back in she woke up and cried

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: 13 Month old wakes every 45 minutes
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 12:17:23 pm »
Welcome hun! What time does she usually wake in the morning?  Most LOs this age are doing roughly a 12-13hr day with either 1 long midday/afternoon nap, or 1 longer nap and 1 shorter nap.  So for example:

WU 7am
Nap 12:30/1-2:30/3
BT 7/8pm

I am wondering if because her BT is so late the NW are OT?  Could you write an example of your day so we can take a look? It will give us a jumping off point :)

Offline MrsCordeiro

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 15:04:59 pm »
WU- 9.00
Breakfast-9.30
Nap-12.00-1.00
Lunch&Bottle-2.00
Nap-5.00-6.00
Dinner 6.30
Bottle 8.00
BT- Earliest would be 10 if I'm very lucky. Average is 11, sometimes 12. If I try and put her to bed any earlier she wakes up and won't sleep till like 1am. If I wait for her bottle to put her to sleep she seems to get a sick tummy or something when she wants to nurse at night. I've tried giving her porridge or more food right before bedtime and she spits it out. And it's not about hunger anyway she just used me tÓ fall back asleep because she can't.