Author Topic: 22mth still NW after SR!!  (Read 977 times)

Offline sszskristy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 03, 2016, 05:07:54 am »
Four months ago, we just had a big SR when she was 18mth, couldn't self settle, NW, EW all came together and it last almost 6 weeks. Then suddenly everything went back to normal when she was 19mth and half. We had some peace time until now...She has started to wake up and cry during night lately, almost everyday. Last night, she woke up like 3 times. I have no idea what is happening. Please help. Here is the routine without  Playing Eating part:

7 wake up
12:30-13:00 nap
15:00 wake up
20:00 bedtime

Since she wakes up a lot during the night now, it seems like she make up during the daytime, is 2 hr nap too long for her? Because normally she only sleep 1.5Hr for nap. And actually I wake her up at 3:00pm, she didn't wake up by herself.

Another strange thing is that now she refuse to sleep in cot during the night. But she would like to take nap in the cot. We have a double bed in her own room, we have to put her in that bed when she go to bed at night or she will fight sleeping very hard. I don't know if these two things are related...

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: 22mth still NW after SR!!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 11:21:03 am »
Hmmm...not sure as she was settled for a while after SR,  which makes me think this is something different

Could she be teething? A set of molars come in around this age and can cause pain and waking at night.

Could she be ready to transition to a big girl bed if she is refusing to sleep in her cot?

She might be compensating in the day for waking at night..and she could be at the start of the transition to dropping her nap so if you rule out teething and the cot refusal,  you could try shortening her nap back to 1.5hrs

Good luck xxx
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline sszskristy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 09:51:29 am »
Hmmm...not sure as she was settled for a while after SR,  which makes me think this is something different

Could she be teething? A set of molars come in around this age and can cause pain and waking at night.

Could she be ready to transition to a big girl bed if she is refusing to sleep in her cot?

She might be compensating in the day for waking at night..and she could be at the start of the transition to dropping her nap so if you rule out teething and the cot refusal,  you could try shortening her nap back to 1.5hrs

Good luck xxx

Thanks for ur reply. Yes, she has been sleeping in a double bed for a few days, it didn't stop the NW. And I don't think it is teething neither.. But I agree to limit her nap to 1.5hr. Actually she did sleep for 1.5hrs sometimes but we didn't get luck at night. Just like when she nap 2 hrs or even longer and go to bed at 8 or 8:30, it didn't mean she would wake up during night. Well what I am trying to say is that the NW just happen randomly, it really confuse me...

It seems more like she is having nightmare..If it it true, there is not too many things we could do except don't let her get too excited and overtired during the day, right?

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
Re: 22mth still NW after SR!!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 10:42:06 am »
Ok..so is she waking every night or is she sleeping through some nights?

If it's not every night, it could be a bad dream, or developmental? If so, you might just have to comfort her so she can go back to sleep.

Is she an independent sleeper?
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 13:58:46 pm »
Re capping nap you also should wait couple of days to see results.
~Marta