Author Topic: Waking every 3 hrs at night  (Read 11525 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2016, 13:21:36 pm »
Yes we are at 1 hr 45 min average a time. Hes been going to sleep around 630/645 waking around 1045/1145 eats 6 oz then wakes again around 445 eats another 5 oz but he did go back to sleep until 715/30. He's not interested in eating for a while after he wakes but I to go get him to take some before we have to get in the car at 845 for school drop off then it's tricky trying to keep him awake until we get home for nap today he fell asleep in car and I managed to get him out of car seat info crib didn't even Swaddle him (which will be a first ) and he stayed asleep 2 hr A time. It's still tricky trying to get into some routine.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2016, 13:48:08 pm »
We got a 30 min nap!

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Waking every 3 hrs at night
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2016, 13:01:51 pm »
The school runs are hard to work around, I know! That first nap was probably a bit OT but I doubt there is much you can probably do about it working around the school run schedule.  Once he's a bit older it shouldn't affect that morning nap so much as A times will be longer.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2016, 23:18:28 pm »
I'm still getting 30 min naps with the occasional 1 hr- 1.5. The other day he did four 30 min naps! Ugh. Still also waking at night frequently. More so when the naps are bad I guess ot. Last night he went to bed at 7 he was up at 10, 1, 3 and 630! 16 weeks old now when will he start sleeping?! Day or night? I'm exhausted. He's def teething and is also a bit congested which I think is causing the waking. It's always something.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2016, 20:13:11 pm »
And to be honest after putting him down for 3 30 mins naps winding down, new diaper, singing rocking buy the 4th nap I just don't feel like doing it all for another 30 min snooze. These are the days I wish I had sidewalks to take him in stroller for a quick cn

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2016, 12:09:35 pm »
Sorry hun, my DD has been really sick so I haven't been on much this week.  I will try to get some extra eyes on this for you.  I found that things didn't become really consistent for us until we were solidly on a 4hr routine, and then once through the 3-2 things were stable 90% of the time.  We did have a period where it was 30min naps no matter what too, so I know it's so hard!  Do you think he's ready to push to a 4hr EASY?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2016, 12:12:34 pm »
He's going to be 4 months this week and I'm at my wits end! I can't get him to take more than 30 mins ever! I've tried 1.5-2 hrs A time and he has been feeding more around 3.5 sonetimes 4. The past two days we go up for a nap do our routine ( he is still swaddled) I sit with him for a bit sing a song or two his eyes close and I put him in crib and he usually falls asleep but the past two days he doesn't he stays wide awake. Yesterday he took one nap. He was a mess! I took him in the car to finally get a cn. Now he's not napping at all! How is this even possible?!

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2016, 13:27:45 pm »
This morning he was up at 5! Early since the clocks changed and I couldn't get him down for nap until 730. Everything his eyes closed I'd put him down leave the room and he would be up talking. It took me three times and then he slept 30 mins 730-8 so this makes a 4 hr easy hard to do. I'll come home after school drop off and feed him at 930 (he ate at 630) then try to put down for nap. I've even tried unswaddling but he just looks at me as if he doesn't recognize that it's nap time. So I think I'll hold off

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2016, 14:33:36 pm »
Aw hun I'm sorry, I know how hard it is, my DS was a chronic short napper until 6/7 months and I do remember days where he didn't nap the entire day.  After days like that I'd take a day and AP every nap in the car so he at least got some sleep into him.  He does sound OT so I wonder if you can just AP some naps today just to help him catch up?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2016, 14:48:27 pm »
He honestly doesn't seem ot not yet anyways. Just put him down for second nap he falls asleep for about 10 mins and wakes up?! He's in his crib now talking away. I just don't know why or what to do? Not sure why he won't stay asleep. What could it be?

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2016, 15:22:55 pm »
He honestly doesn't seem ot not yet anyways.
If he went an entire day with only 1 nap I'd say he's probably OT, especially if he's fighting sleep/waking after 10mins, that's usually a sign even if they aren't in that OT 'meltdown' mode yet.

Just put him down for second nap he falls asleep for about 10 mins and wakes up?! He's in his crib now talking away. I just don't know why or what to do? Not sure why he won't stay asleep. What could it be?
For now I would stay with him until you know he's in a deep sleep, you may need to revert back to shh/pat for now to make sure he's getting past those cycles

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2016, 15:30:26 pm »
Shh pat never worked with him because he'd wake after 30 mins happy and wide awake. He just woke after 20 mins! Another 2 hr A time. Now when should I try for next nap? How long should I stay with him before putting him in his crib?

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2016, 15:53:14 pm »
I'd reduce the next A to maybe 1.40 hr and hopefully the OT hasn't set in.  Does he fall asleep independently?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2016, 17:10:44 pm »
He normally does. We go into his room (he naps in his crib but at night is in my room) I swaddle him and sit with him sing a few songs in a dark room white noise etc and when his eyes start to close I put him in crib and leave the room and he usually falls right out (for 30 mins). Yesterday when I was frustrated and just decided to go out with him but he ended being hysterical most of the time.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2016, 14:15:40 pm »
Well last night he was so tired that I put him to bed unswaddled! He woke once crying about an hour later but slept from 6pm-415 am!! Ate then back to bed until 7! I'm sure it's probably because he's exhausted from days of no naps but fingers crossed we are making progress. The other thing I noticed yesterday if he's trying to roll over from back to belly he did it once or twice but most of the time ended up on his side which is why I didn't swaddle last night. But I'm thinking maybe the new development has something to do with the awful sleeping. He also fell asleep for a few mins in the car this morning at school drop off and i was able to transfer him to his crib once again no swaddle and he stayed asleep! It's been about ten mins now!