Author Topic: Waking every 3 hrs at night  (Read 11524 times)

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Waking every 3 hrs at night
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2016, 15:17:12 pm »
Great news!  4 months is honestly the pits for sleep.  Swaddle weaning, major developmental milestones, growth spurts...it literally all happens at once.  You're not alone!!

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2016, 18:54:40 pm »
It's good to know I'm not alone although I feel that way lol! I can't seem to get him down before 2 hrs 20 mins!! And then today he took a 20/25 min nap!!! Ahhh!!

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2016, 19:53:35 pm »
Before every nap there's s lot of crying and squirming in my arms. Any other suggestions for naptime routine? I'm about to lose my mind. And I can't be putting him down for 30 mins when I have a 3 yr old downstairs waiting for me getting into stuff it's very stressful.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2016, 22:49:16 pm »
He used to do 4-5 30 mins naps now we are down to 3 20 min naps for the day!

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2016, 15:09:47 pm »
Can you post your EASY from yesterday, or what you've done so far today just so I can see where you are at?  Are you still swaddling or no?  Have you tried the 1-arm swaddle?  I believe 20 min naps are either OS or OT usually.  I remember my DS did the 20-min stints too...awful!

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2016, 22:02:06 pm »
Well we've been doing a 2 hr A time but he's hard to figure out. His patterns are so inconsistent still.  Even at night. He might go down at 6/7 wake either at 1130/1230 or sleep until 2/3! He's been hysterical before his naps lately. Today i finally got him to sleep and he woke hysterical again 10 mins later fell asleep briefly in my arms while eating later on and now is up until early bedtime as usual. I just haven't been able to find that sweet spot where you say oh ok he does great with 1 hr 45 mins because it's different everyday. Today he took almost a 1 hr 20 min nap first nap then a 30 min nap 2 hrs later and then nothing except that cn rest of the day. I guess I was just hoping by 4 months that he would have somewhat of a routine.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2016, 13:50:08 pm »
The one thing lately that's killing me is trying to get him down for a nap he cries and squirms it's awful. This morning he was up at 615 by 8 I took him up as he seemed to be getting fussy. It took me until 840 to get him to sleep which is hard to do with a toddler 4 times a day. It's so stressful for everyone :(

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2016, 13:17:02 pm »
He sounds a bit UT to me hun, a 1.20hr nap is usually UT and combined with fighting sleep it seems like UT behavior.  I think what I would do is stick to a minimum 2hr A time unless the nap is short then reduce slightly.  I think if you dip under 2hrs then you are never going to get over the jump and onto a 4hr EASY, yk?  I know it's super hard nothing having anything consistent, it started to settle and become more routine for us at around 4.5 months with DD, when we stuck to a 2hr A time no matter what.  DS was more like 6/7 months after we were through the 3-2. 

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2016, 14:37:20 pm »
We do stick to a 2 hr a time sometimes more. Today he was up at 645 and he went down for nap easily at 9 but only slept for 30 mins! That's what I can't figure out or nip. When he does go down easier his nap is short. What is a 4 hr easy like? As of now he eats every 3.5 hrs. Last night he slept from 630 pm until 415 am ate then back to sleep until 645 then ate at 8 am. So I'll probably feed at 1130 and then put down

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2016, 19:32:29 pm »
Honestly hun, if A times are age appropriate and he's an independent sleeper I'm not sure there is anything we can "do" or "fix" ya know? If you set the scene with wind down, use proper A times, independent sleep, and naps are still short I think it is just a matter of him developmentally learning how to sleep longer.  I absolutely found that was the case with both mine anyway, no amount of analyzing and tweaking was going to solve it before they were developmentally ready to do it. 

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2016, 21:05:43 pm »
Today he slept for 2 hrs from 1130-130 guess he's catching up for the past month of no naps. But when do I do next nap?

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2016, 21:09:24 pm »
I would try next nap at 3:30/45.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2016, 21:26:30 pm »
I did and no luck can't get him down its now 430 not sure what to do