Author Topic: 1 yr old crying before naps, chronic short napper and early waking. Please Help  (Read 19710 times)

Offline Brock~Tahlia~Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
Re: 1 yr old crying before naps, chronic short napper and early waking. Please H
« Reply #165 on: November 11, 2010, 02:35:34 am »
Very hard work!!! It's very exhausting... He's such a smoochie boy and always had loads of cuddles and kisses for me but when he's teething or unwell it's like he's in severe agony! Also becuse he's unsure of new situations, places and people I never have to worry about him running away and he always holds my hand. I think he's so well behaved sometimes due to being shy! Once he has decided he hates something or someone that's it! His mind is made up and has a memory of an elephant.

Laura, how are things?
We are still on 1 shortish nap here ATM, I think Brock has croup? He was coughing like a horse last night... Scared the pants off me I put him in my bed I was scared he'd throw up or not be able to breath or something, I'm taking him to see his DR. Scary... Even DH jumped up out of bed when he heard him cough, we were like what was that?!!!
*Alice*

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
Just wondered how you were getting on Laura?  Hoping no news is good news?
LAURA xx

Offline laura034

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
We are still the same, with regards to short naps but things are a lot better now Ethans teeth are through as he is happy most of the time so I think he actually only needs the short naps. Having set nap times is working well, because he settles to sleep really quickly now with no fussing. His routine now is
Wake 6-6.30
Nap 10am (30mins)
Nap 2.30pm (30 min)
Bed and sleeps through 7pm

Thanks so much for all your advice Laura x

Offline laura034

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
I'm sure Ethan can read my posts! After writing PP we had nap refusal!!! lol

Offline Jessleigh

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
    • www.burningonebooks.com
Just popping in to give you some love...i read/skimmed the WHOLE thing bc my DD is doing the EXACT same thing except with 35/40min naps. She'll be one year old in 2 weeks.

I recently had a really good week of 2 naps a day of 1-2 hrs.(!!!) It was bliss. I thought we found the magic number: 3hrs 15mins. She was so much happier. Then back to short naps. Super OT. But still sleeps great at night. I'm at a loss.

I also get stretches where she goes down for naps fine, and other days in a row where its a scream fest each time and i dread putting her down. I seriously could have written your post myself.

I'm so sorry you've had such a hard time. I almost teared up a few times myself as i read bc i know the pain of seeing your LO so upset and tired and also the frustration of wondering what the heck your doing wrong or what the heck is wrong with your LO. So hard.

Still battling on here. Just trying to learn to relax about it more. She may do this for the whole first 2 years. Who knows. I just know we're doing what we can to set them up for sleep. And that's really all we can do! HUGS to you!

JESS

Loving every day doing the most important job in the world!

Offline Jessleigh

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
    • www.burningonebooks.com
Haha! just realized this post is 2 years old! Oops. I somehow found it on a google search. Anyway, this is all FAR behind you now! And you'll probably never come back to this sight, but just know it helped another mama. :)

Loving every day doing the most important job in the world!

Offline laura034

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Just wanted to put an update on here just incase another desperate mummy finds it looking for answers.
Wow when I read back through this thread it's hard to believe it was 6 years ago I still remember the desperation I felt about Ethan's sleep I'm glad to say when I cut down to 1 nap I was able to extend that nap to an hour just by patting Ethan's back I think he was so exhausted that he finally learned to extend his sleep. The early mornings continued and he's still an early bird but now he can entertain himself 😃 he was always a good night sleeper and the short naps never caused a night time problem.
I am writing this while breastfeeding my new baby son Oliver who is also a short 20min mapper!! 😡 was really hoping for an angel baby this time lol. At least I know that this stage as hard as it is wont last forever! Thank you to all the ladies who helped me all those years ago.

Laura x

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
Welcome back to BW!  I'm glad the community helped so much last time...we are still here anytime you want to chat through the joys of starting again with no2!

Xxx
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD