Author Topic: 4.30 wake ups every day 😢  (Read 800 times)

Offline Vicki32

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 11, 2016, 05:20:12 am »
Hi, my son is 2 years and 4 months old.
Since he was little he's been waking up around 4-4.30 every morning.
We moved him into his own room when he was just over a year old and at about 15 months we put him into a bed as he had climbed out of his cot.
I started putting him to bed at 7, to which he used to come out of his room and lay down by the stair gate. I'd leave him there and then later on out him back into bed. He wa up as 4.30.
We went through a phase where he kept waking up in the night so I ended up sleeping on his bedroom floor 🙊 This would be about 12pm sometimes a bit later.
I stopped doing this about 2 months ago. It only took a few nights for him to realise I wasn't coming into his room and so he started sleeping through again.
There have been a few times that he has slept through till 6am but these are short lived!!
He now has 1.5 hour nap during the day, bed at 7.30 where sometimes it can take up to an hour for him to go to sleep.
My husband gets up at 4.30 for work, no matter how quiet he is, our son will wake up.
The problem is that when he's up, he's up! There's no getting him back to sleep again as he's wide awake.
I've asked family and friends and health visitors but no one can seem to help.
Apologies for the long text!!
Thanks

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 05:37:32 am »
What is his schedule? What time is his nap? What kind of meals do you serve him from 4:30 till bedtime?
~Marta