Author Topic: Routines for lsn los  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Kfro

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Routines for lsn los
« on: October 07, 2016, 13:28:04 pm »
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody would mind sharing the routines their lsn los were on between 4 and 6 months. My ds2 is causing me lots of anxiety over his sleep and seems to be even more lsn than his older brother. He is 4.5 months and moved nicely onto a 4 hour routine with two naps and a cat nap but just recently will only do one long nap in the morning and then both the second and third naps are both cat naps. I have tried resettling the second nap but he is just wanting to get up so gets annoyed at all of my efforts. I know we are in the middle of lots of developmental stuff sleep wise and so often naps go off track but I find it strange that he will either sleep through or be easily resettled for his first nap but is impossible to resettle for his second. I tried increasing the second a time but it has made no difference s and he is already on high a times so I'm hesitant to keep increasing it. I'm worried that if I can't get a good second nap we will have to keep the third for quite a while and I'm sure that will mess his nightsup. Any btdt with something like this?

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: Routines for lsn los
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 14:57:57 pm »
Yes! We started dropping that third nap at around four months, and we're done by six. I think I just went with it when he was seeming to refuse a nap and got him to bed early instead; it's all a bit hazy still.

At six months we were on  one 1.5hr nap and one 40minute one,and at ten months I'm lucky if I can get 1.5hrs out of him all day. He prefers his sleep to be at night, it would seem - which gives us longer evenings to spend with DS1.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline Kfro

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 17:43:26 pm »
Oh wow. What kind of a times was he doing at 4 and 6 months? My ds screamed at me when I tried to put him down for a cat nap today but finally gave in. Grrr. I find it really hard to accept that he doesn't need more sleep!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 23:50:55 pm »
We dropped to 2 naps at 4 months with DD3! Did not really keep tabs on A times really as I was working around school runs but her wake up was maybe 7:30/8 with bedtime at 8 pm and two not huge naps - totally dont remember the times!
Heidi

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 02:50:04 am »
My DS2 was LSN (although I didn't realise at the time) & because of the needs of DS1, we naturally fell to a catnap, long nap, catnap routine & he did a long (sometimes 3hour) nap in the middle of the day & so he only did catnaps at either side, I found that we actually kept up the catnaps until almost 9mo to work out the day for the whole family, as it was much easier for DS2 to have a 20min cat nap in the stroller than it was to be home.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 06:30:47 am »
I think at some point in there we were on 6-9.0 and 11-1.30 for his first A times, with the last nap around 4/4.30 if it happened.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015