Author Topic: Night waking  (Read 6948 times)

Offline SarahE

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 00:16:47 am »
I'm thinking 2.5 may be what she needs...last night she slept 12 hours no wake ups except a very brief one 5-10 mins after going to sleep..very easy to resettle...pretty much instant.

This am she slept only 45 mins....so we will see what this arvo brings....currently on 3 hrs A time and no signs of tiredness...we are trying 3 hrs 15 at the moment, though 3 hrs in the morning as her wake time isn't always accurate...she's pretty quite when she wakes and is a sometimes already awake when we wake and check the monitor!

Offline SarahE

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 07:46:54 am »
I'll eat my word, she did a 2 hr 45 min nap this arvo!

Offline FPT23

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
Re: Night waking
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2016, 21:21:49 pm »
Wonderful to hear!

We are 3-3.15 A times on our end and I've always had long naps. I normally try to stay on the higher A time because it's less stress worrying about naps at this age, they sleep longer at nights and naps (if in within AVERAGE A times. Nothing too excessive that would cause extreme OT and therefore disrupt nights and naps) and they can handle it fairly well once pushed gently (15 min increments)

If you find baby to be more OT than opt for EBT to catch up. Remember, when you push A times, start with one A time... not all of them at the same time kwim? To avoid bad OT :)

OT is inevitable I feel... in babies. Even toddlers! Hope it's easier here on out for u!

Xo! Congrats on the nap
Fabi

Offline SarahE

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2016, 04:18:26 am »
Thanks 😀

We have 12 hrs again last night - no screaming wake ups...and she's more back to her usually self in the day so I'm thinking teeth were the culprit there.

Today we have had 2 X 1 hour 20 min naps. Keeping the 3 hrs morning A time and 3.15 A time prior to second nap. During the second nap for last two days since I have pushed it by 15 mins she has woken after an hour cried quite hard for a few mins then settled herself...today only for a further 20 mins but yesterday for 1 hour 45. Was wondering if that indicated I've pushed too far and she's OT or not pushing enough and she's not really tired enough?

Offline SarahE

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2016, 06:48:31 am »
Arrrr I cursed it...we went for 3 hr A time before bed..she was defo tired, but took another 39-45 mins to settle...cried each time I left the room. The woke after 45 mins screaming.

I did actually say to hubby this evening I though teething may be reving up again as her cheeks were flushed after feeding, her gums felt hot, and she looks like she's got the beginnings of a runny nose....

Offline FPT23

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2016, 17:35:01 pm »
Well remember, if her A was pushed during the day, keep the last A shorter. One A time at a time. They won't be all the same just yet. Little by little ;)

But if she's getting sick too, then expect it to go off a track for a bit.

Many hugs and positive vibes :)
Fabi

Offline SarahE

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 21:39:39 pm »
After that wake up she slept til 6.15am...started chatting to herself then called out about 6.45am  :D

Popped her down for her nap at 9.45...she woke at 10.30 crying but self settled within a few mins after a shuffle to a different position.

When we went through a catnapping stage and I sought advise on here I was always confused when you start the morning A time from...when you are first aware they are awake or when they call out and you get them up. I was a advised time I get her up...but always wondered about OT...as today I woke at 6.15 and she was awake...so if I used this as wake up time her first A time was 3.5 hrs...but if I use call out and up time it was 3...

I think what I find difficult is I don't actually know what time she actually wakes...so her first A time could be massive without me knowing it...say if she's actually awake at 6 or 5.45?

Offline FPT23

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2016, 02:19:36 am »
What a great night ;) !!! Again :D

If she was chatting at that time, and happy, it's a good sign that she's well rested.

As for her first nap, that was a short 45 min nap... she was UT (also keep in mind that her next nap would come up sooner too. I usually do 15 mins earlier. Another words, shorten the next A time after a short nap. Don't try to push) and I would suggest moving up in A times.

I understand it's hard to push because we are nervous of OT... but if you do it gently and slowly, all is better that way rather than just push all crazy and by a lot. Average A times vary but around this time they are between 3-4hrs. Some babies prefer less A times than average and some higher.. seems your LO prefers slightly longer A times ;) ...I tell you, my LO is 8 months (barely) and he recently had a jump. We are between 3-3.20 A time varying in his day.

If you notice, as soon as you began to push her A times, she started doing great nights. If she's waking up chatty and happy in the morning and her first nap is 45 mins, she needs a slight push. Especially after a great night, maybe she wasn't ready for her first nap yet, yk?

I totally get what you mean about the WU time. I'm the same- sometimes he's super tired in the morning but I swear I heard him around his normal time so I thought that's when he woke, but probably didn't haha ;) ....so what I do now, since his "average" (normally) WU time is between 6-7am, then the first morning nap is a set nap now of either 9:45/10:30...it's our pattern.. We've been good about naps around that time, give or take.

Keep doing what your doing! It resolved the NWs ;) ....for now. Until the next phase ;) ::) right? Hehe

Xo
Fabi

Offline SarahE

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2016, 07:30:43 am »
Thanks so much for the support and encouragement  ;D

After the 45min wake up from first nap she self settled and did another 45 mins. We did 3.15 A time between 1st and 2nd nap (day three of this A time) and she slept for 1.5 hrs.

She woke at 4pm from 2nd nap so was aiming for 3 hr 15 A time - day one of pushing this by 15mins...she didn't settle easily I did sense she wasn't quite tired enough...took 20 mins to settle her and she's just woke after 45 mins...no screaming...yet...just lots of shuffling and whimpers on/off...think she's asleep again...do you think UT maybe?love video monitors!! I feel her last A time is closer to 3.5 hrs.

Ideally I'd like her in bed 7pm (selfishly as it gives me some time to tidy and clean up and do relax time before my own bedtime at 9.30pm!) but it's pretty much been eyes closed at 7.30pm...

What times Are your 8 month olds wake up, nap times p, and BT approx?

I think naps for us we are 9.45/10 and  2.15/2.30.

I go back to work part time in 6 weeks so that will no doubt rock the boat when she goes to daycare and I will have to get her up earlier to feed her so I can leave for work at 7!!

Offline FPT23

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2016, 17:59:24 pm »
Your very welcome :)

Well, with an A time of 3.15+ all day, the last A she's probably tired. My LO can't do more than 3hrs at BT if he's done 3.15ish all day... I would try for a shorter A at her BT if she had longer A time in her day.

I hear you about EBT- they are heavenly but no worries, it is good for your LO one too :) works out ;) !!

Ours is about the same as you! For our naps and BT..... for now ;)

She will adjust in due to time the new schedule if needed when you go back to work :)

Fabi

Offline SarahE

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2016, 18:39:39 pm »
Awesome will try that! We had a good night again after that initial wake up  :D

Offline FPT23

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2016, 00:28:07 am »
Yaaaay! Pushing those A times seems to fix NWs ;) ...many are just worried to push! Just do it gently hun. That's what it's all about. Gently adjust them to where they don't become chronically OT and THEN have bad nights because of that, yk?

Your doing great! Xo!

;D
Fabi

Offline SarahE

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2016, 02:02:23 am »
Thanks  ;D

First nap went well 3 hr A time....second nap... ::) put her down at 3hrs 15...it's now 3hrs 45 and she's rolling, rocking on all fours, have little whimpers then big yawns (the benefits of video monitors again!)...oh wait...she's crashed out ha ha so second A time was 3 hrs 45...by her own choice!

I will still go for 3 hrs to be....so hopefully won't be any later than 7.30pm!

Update: she woke screaming after 45 mins  :'(
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:53:28 am by SarahE »

Offline FPT23

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2016, 02:59:28 am »
When did she wake screaming?

3.45 is quite long. She's becoming mobile and that can cause some sleep disruption. It will happen.

I would go for an earlier BT at 3hr mark or so.
Fabi

Offline SarahE

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2016, 18:00:40 pm »
She woke screaming after crashing out after the 3.45 A time - though she was in bed at an A time of 3.15 but played for 30 mins before sleeping...she then woke from that nap after 45 mins screaming...couldn't resettle so got her up nd worked to a 2.45/3hr wake time so BT was 6.45/7....that the plan...we had to assist her settling and she finally drifted off at 7.30 so her A time there was 3.5hrs after a short nap...she slept through ;D and no wake up shortly after BT....surely her A time can't be closer to the 3.5???? Seems really in the high side...

Would the wake after 45 mins by OT? I know precision lay I've been told OT is usually a wake up of 20-30mind and UT is after 45...