Author Topic: 6 month old waking for 1 - 2 hours during the night for a party  (Read 1105 times)

Offline ChocolateyClaire

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
6 month old waking for 1 - 2 hours during the night for a party
« on: October 12, 2016, 12:43:29 pm »
My LO settles herself for naps, and when she goes to bed at night, but during the night it's a different story. She has always woke twice for a bottle and generally goes straight back to sleep after the first, which is around 11pm but then she'll wake up around 2 or 3am, not want her bottle, or take a small amount, and then refuse to go back to sleep. At worst she'll be awake for 2 hours and at best 1 hour but it's been every night for 2 weeks and we're starting to loose the plot!

She isn't screaming crying, just shouting out, chatting, banging her legs and arms etc.... We've just been leaving her and then when we can't take any more, offering her milk again, which she sometimes takes, or holding her until she falls asleep. Some nights she wakes earlier, some nights later, but she ALWAYS wakes. We've put more layers on her in case she was cold but that's made no difference.

She naps well during the day and I have noticed her not wanting her afternoon nap, but whether she has it or not, doesn't seem to have any bearing on her night wakings. In fact nothing does!!

Any advice would really be appreciated!

Offline FPT23

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
Re: 6 month old waking for 1 - 2 hours during the night for a party
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 16:40:24 pm »
Love the title ;) ..gotta love the crib parties! Or not... ::)

Hello :)

First of all, sorry to hear about the rough nights lately. I know how exhausting they can be :( ...

If you could please her daily routine in EASY format and see what can be going on. It would be very helpful.

6 months can be a bit tricky as they begin some nap transitioning, teething comes around more or less, and solids are introduced... many babies begin more physical milestones such as sitting up...

Things get a bit more interesting ;) ...another wonderful phase!

Please post your EASY and maybe it can help with her NWs in some way here.

Hugs :)
Fabi

Offline ChocolateyClaire

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 6 month old waking for 1 - 2 hours during the night for a party
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 20:11:05 pm »
Thanks for getting back to me and her EASY schedule, roughly is:

Wakes for the day at 6.30 / 7ish
E - 7.30 - bottle then breakfast
A
S - 9 - 9.45
Y

E - 11.30 - bottle then lunch
A
S - 12 - 2
Y

E - 3.30 bottle
A
S - dropping afternoon nap although my nod off if in car
Y

E - 5pm dinner  & 6.15 Bottle
A
S - Bed at 6.30
Y

Her routine changes on some days though as I have a 3 year old who needs to be taken places which means my 6 month old will fall asleep, or be awake when she shouldn't. This cannot be helped though and I do my best to avoid it where possible.

I used to let her have a long morning nap as she would happily stay asleep but have been trying to wake her to then allow for a long lunchtime nap.