Author Topic: 6wo - only 20min naps  (Read 1336 times)

Offline HaniaJa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: October 19, 2016, 11:08:53 am »
Hello All!
My DD is 6 wo and her naps practically don't exist...
We try to stick to 2.5-3hrs routine, but as you can guess, it's impossible. Here are some facts:
1) she usually falls asleep by herself- after about 45min-1hr A time I see that she's tired, darken the room, swaddle (woombie), turn on some soothing music, hold her for a second, put to her bed, give paci and in a few minutes she sleeps
2) she wakes up after 20 minutes-ALWAYS and usually it's impossible for me to put her back to sleep. I try shh/pat but everytime paci falls out of her mouth, she starts wriggling, crying etc. I give her paci back, she seems to go back to sleep, her paci falls out, she starts crying and it can take forever to repeat this process. She never sleeps then for more than 20 min. Finally, after about 1hr struggle I feed her
3) the only proper nap is when we go for a walk-in her pram, then she can sleep even for 2.5 hrs...
4) I'm exhausted and frustrated-I have no time to eat, to do anything at home, not to mention anytime for older DS...

Please, suggest-what I can do, I'm out of ideas about how to resettle her, I see that she is still tired, but simply unable to go back to sleep, any help appreciated...

Thank you All!
H

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
Re: 6wo - only 20min naps
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 12:20:22 pm »
Hi congrats on your new baby  :)

It's a tricky time isn't it as babies this age just want to sleep on somebody or with movement and they really dislike sleeping by themselves.
Honestly for now I would just do whatever's necessary to get her to sleep. Pram naps are good if you have an older child as you can get out to the park or something.
Do you have a sling? My DD2 slept in one constantly for naps until she was about 4 months old as it meant I could stay with my older DD and have free hands to do things. Was a total life saver!
Lauren

Offline HaniaJa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 18:16:59 pm »
I do have a sling, but I'm not a real fan of it, because my back can't handle it for more that half an hour:(
Sometimes I allow her to sleep on me, but i have I feeling that the constant need of sucking is the issue here, because she wakes up everytime the paci or breast falls out, I feel like huge paci sometimes, really:)