Author Topic: Help all going wrong 10 weeks  (Read 1700 times)

Offline Vally

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Help all going wrong 10 weeks
« on: October 30, 2016, 10:49:52 am »
We were doing well with a bedtime of 630pm until 730am with two night feeds about 12 and then 3am. Last night after 12 he was awake practically every hour. He also used to have longer naps in the day but now these are just 30 mins making everything really tricky. He tends to only be hungry every 4 hours but makes naps tricky. This morning he was up at 730am had a nap at 9am but for half hour so by 1030am he is really tired again. I'm sure he's tired rather than hungry so should he have two naps in his 4 hour cycle or should I stick to every three hours even if he doesn't drink much?

Offline Vally

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: Help all going wrong 10 weeks
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 11:37:34 am »
Just to give a bit more info. I put him back down for nap at 1045 and he slept until 1130am so he's now having a bottle. He's definitely not hungry before 4 hours. What i failed to mention in my first post was that yesterday I moved to stage 3 tears as he was taking ages just to get through 3 or 4 oz. yesterday he was drinking 6 oz bottles with no problem but I wander if this caused him tummy ache in the night. So I've gone back to stage 2 at so far in this 1130am feed hescdrank 1oz and given up? Please help. Do I keep going with stage 3 to get him to drink more or stick to 2?

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 15:38:52 pm »
I would definitely keep with the stage 3 teats if that's what's giving you the most milk input, but if that amount of NW isn't 'normal' then it does suggest possibly some discomfort was involved...did he seem gassy at all? 

30min naps are often OT, so I would say that perhaps scale that first A time back slightly, even 10mins might do the trick.  The best recommendation is that after a short nap, reduce the next A time slightly (15mins) to hopefully combat OT that might be accumulating.

Offline Vally

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 11:37:27 am »
Well I switched back to his stage 2 teats and had a much better night. He woke just at 12 and 4am so think he was just too windy on the stage 3.

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 12:05:36 pm »
Great news :)