Author Topic: Is Morning A too long causing short afternoon naps?  (Read 1510 times)

Offline alwaystired

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Is Morning A too long causing short afternoon naps?
« on: October 26, 2016, 20:33:14 pm »
Hi again. Im trying to transition my 17 wo to Tracy s 4 hr routine. We are currently doingthe days 8-11 which gives us a 2 hour window from morning wake to first nap. This first nap is great lasting 1.5-2 hours which is what Tracy aims for. However! The 2nd nap and 3rd nap are between 20-40 minutes long. Its never the same length. Do you think the morning A time is too long for him? Heres the routine from her book
E 7
A730
S9
E1030
A11
S1145
E130
A2
S315
E440
A5
S 630/7
Maybe he wasnt ready to move to the next level?

Offline alwaystired

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Is Morning A too long causing short afternoon naps?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 20:38:06 pm »
I forgot to mention that he gets REALLY cranky if hes up longer than 1h45m after that second nap. Ive tied shh/pat and it seems to make him angry and then hes WIDE awake.

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Is Morning A too long causing short afternoon naps?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 21:13:44 pm »
Morning A time sounds perfect from what you've said. Can you write out a couple of days - 20-40min naps literally cover the entire gamut of possibilities for short naps, so it helps to know how long A time was followed by how long the nap was.

I can imagine he would be pretty OT if he's up for 1:45 A time after a short 2nd nap - makes perfect sense. Lets see if we can tweak it a bit. Shush/pat can make a baby cranky if its not appropriate - eg. if they're trying to get back to sleep themselves and you're interrupting or if they were UT for a nap and not tired enough to go back to sleep.

Hugs, these little people are puzzles!