Author Topic: 12 month old waking all night  (Read 1971 times)

Offline lyssie28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
12 month old waking all night
« on: October 29, 2016, 06:27:36 am »
Hi my dd has never really slept through since about 4 months old.  She starts waking from about 1am and then more or less every hour and a half and then wants to be up at 5am.  I'm so tired.  I'm a single mother and I've also got a 3 year old.  My one year old is in my room as I don't want her to wake my 3 year old.  She does have a dummy but can put it back in herself and in the early hours I sometimes give her a drop of milk.  This sometimes works.  How can I help her sleep through? It's just me 24/7 and I'm exhausted I go to bed at 9pm every night.  Her routine is:

Wu: between 5 and 6am
Breakfast and play

Nap: 8.45-10/10-15
Snack
Lunch @ 12

Nap: 1.15-3.00
Dinner 4pm
Snack 5.30

Bt:6.30

Offline lyssie28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 12 month old waking all night
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 10:06:05 am »
Anyone have any ideas??

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 11:41:03 am »
Hi I'm moving this over to toddler sleep now that she's 1.
Lauren

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 20:16:47 pm »
I'm sorry you're having such an exhausting time of it. I have a 1 & 3 year old and am exhausted even without all those NWs, you must be hanging by a thread.

A few questions to try to work out what might be going on:

Can your 1yo settle herself to sleep at bedtime? I.e. Without you in the room at all?

Do you put her paci in her mouth at bedtime or lay it near her for her to find herself? My daughter has a comfort blanket and if I put in near her mouth at BT she wakes all night every time she loses it for me to replace. If I lay it next to her for her to find herself at BT she can then replace it independently in the night.

My other question would be around her nap routine. Lots of LOs start or have started the 2-1 by this age and need less day sleep than that. Is she high sleep needs and still needing that amount of day sleep? Did she go later than average to 2 naps? Or could she be UT at night giving you NWs and EW?
From 2 to 1 nap transition (10-12m and older)

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD