Author Topic: Routine disruption since clock change  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Reethepea

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: November 01, 2016, 19:02:26 pm »
Hello lovely ladies, quick question? Has anybody else's little ones been really off since the clocks went back. Dd2 was in really quite a settled routine with 3 hrs a time and 2 naps. But since the clock change has become an overtired mess. It's like her internal body clock is telling her it's time for sleep even though she's only been up for a couple of hours. We have had the return of crying for 15 mins before naps and bedtime meltdown. Our easy before clock change was;
Wu between 6.30-7
S between 9.30- 10 for at least 1.5 hrs

Afternoon nap at 3 ish for 45 mins to an hour
Bedtime between 6.30-7pm

Now it's wu- 5am- resettled till 7
S 10 but cried for 15 on settling slept till 11.25
A
S 3.20-4 woke up chatty

Got fussy and grumpy from 5.30 pm screamed till 6 when feed given and put to bed for the night at 6.30pm

Am I missing a trick 😱
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 21:18:34 pm by Scottishmummy »
DD 1- Spirited- July 2012

DD 2- Angel/Touchy April 2016

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
Re: Routine disruption since clock change
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 21:52:38 pm »
Don't see anything strange here Honey. You pushed her 1h at once and when you put her at 10am for her it's like 11am and she was used to go to sleep at 10am. The same with BT and morning wake up. Seems like a normal disturbance of you decided for one push instead of baby steps for 7/10days. You just have to wait and ride it out and she will adjust soon.
~Marta

Offline Reethepea

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 05:56:44 am »
Is there anything I can do to ease the transition. Decrease her a time or anything?

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 06:24:33 am »
Yep, you could just move her schedule a bit to something between her previous and current schedule but I am not sure if it's worth it. If she is a touchy baby and you are afraid she will not self regulate its a good idea. But if she is general quite flexible and can cope with some OT, I would just keep this timing and wait couple of days for everything to settle:). Don't worry, it should be over soon:)!!!
~Marta

Offline Reethepea

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 09:44:58 am »
Thanks for the reply. We seem to be getting there. She woke at 5.10 this morning- resettled and woke naturally at 6.45. She was a little grumpy on the walk home from school but peeked up once home. Gave her a quick breaking and put her down for a nap @9.35, she went down without a fuss(better then yesterday and more like her normal). She is a textbook baby with a touchy streak and usually handles OT quite well. I feel guilty for not preparing her. I put her down as late on Saturday night as I could but as she had declined the catnap I was fighting a losing battle 😩