Author Topic: Gas pains interrupting sleep  (Read 1786 times)

Offline mamatea4

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Gas pains interrupting sleep
« on: November 03, 2016, 20:20:23 pm »
My 1 month old has had tummy trouble since the get go. It definitely distresses her and it wakes her from a sound sleep both at night and at naps. She cries and pulls up her legs until she passes gas or fills her diaper, then at night she'll often resettle with a reassuring hand on her tummy. Naps though she won't resettle on her own.

I bicycle her legs, give gripe water, watch what I eat and nothing seems to really do the trick.  She is exclusively BF btw.

Any thoughts on what else I can do to proactively avoid the wakings from gas pains. And when do they typically outgrow this? (I didn't have this problem with my other two).

Thanks!

Offline dache

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Re: Gas pains interrupting sleep
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 21:04:56 pm »
We used infacol drops for her and  fennal tea for me, not sure if you can get ot there, there are teas for mom  and for baby.

Offline mamatea4

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 22:31:24 pm »
I'll look into the name of those drops. Thanks.

I drink mother's milk tea. I read somewhere that more than 1 cup a day may cause gas in baby. Has anybody heard this?

Offline alwaystired

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 20:14:19 pm »
hi there, how have things come along in the past month? I just wanted to add that my ds had this issue and it turns out it was a sign of cows milk protein intolerance. I had to switch to hypoallergenic formula as well as cut all dairy from my diet (I bf and ff) and within days his gas reduced dramatically.