Author Topic: Someone has swapped babies  (Read 1788 times)

Offline paulak412

• Am I nuts or what!!
  • New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Is it bedtime yet?
Someone has swapped babies
« on: November 04, 2016, 08:18:38 am »
Hi everyone. My LG is 13+4. Up until a week ago when she went through leap 3. She would fall asleep on her own at night time in her crime  and during the day nap in her pram carrycot most of the time on her own with the odd time having to rock.

Our routine was (give or take 30 min)
6 wake and feed
Activity
7.30 nap
9 wake feed
Activity
11 nap
1wake feed
Activity
3 nap
4.30 wake feed
6.30 bedtime routine
7 sleep.

It worked she was happy and content

Now she is needing rocked to sleep (only a little at bedtime) including when she wakes.for a nap or she will only nap 20 to 40 mmin at a time. Can anyone help? I also would like to have her napping in her crib. I was working on this b4 the leap with have 2 successful afternoon naps in the crib. X
Mother to sheá 28.06 07 and eabhà 01.08.16

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: Someone has swapped babies
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 19:45:15 pm »
So she was sleeping independently and now she's not? Is she still going through the leap? I remember that disrupting sleep for my DD but she started SS again once she got through it. Anything else disturpbing her? Early start to teething?

Those are quite long A times for her age? Is it possible she's getting OT? Sometimes A times increase during the leaps but then need shaved back a bit afterwards.

Other possibility could be the wind down? What do you do before the nap to get her ready?sometimes LOs need a really consistent, structured WD routine as they get older and more interested in the world

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline paulak412

• Am I nuts or what!!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Is it bedtime yet?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 20:04:15 pm »
Once I see the cues to her getting tired which is anywhere from 90 min to 2 hours from last nap I will pick her up give her a dummy and comforter and a little cuddle. I then try and put her in tired but awake. Today she did drop of once on her own but that was it. I've put her down b4 tired cues and had no luck either.  I know when she is overtired cause she needs a lot of rocking lol so this happens only now and again x

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 21:49:50 pm »
Where is her pram carry cot? Is it possible she's getting distracted looking around and so finding it hard to settle and sleeping for shorter naps?

I agree that trying for cot naps might help, and would try this with sh-pat instead of rocking, I also wonder whether a predictable wind down routine would help. I used to those to the bedroom with my LOs a short while before nap was due, dim lights, play the same piece of music while cuddling then into the cot. 

Also as LOs get older, tired cues become less reliable and A times can be an easier guide to follow. So if you were going for 1.5hrs then try starting WD at around 1hr15.

Here's some links which might help:
What are A times and how do they fit into the EASY plan?
What does a good wind down consist of (Includes 4S ritual)
Shush-pat - How to

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline paulak412

• Am I nuts or what!!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Is it bedtime yet?
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 00:14:59 am »
Her pram is in the kitchen her wind down routine is a cudsleek and song with the extractor fan on. She is the same all through the night now too. U have to walk the floor.with her to get her to sleep

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 21:31:42 pm »
It sounds like the rocking or walking has become the new sleep routine for her?

If you feel that her daytime routine is right and she's not OT or UT, then you might want to do some sleep training.

At 3mo, a good wind down & sh-pat would be the suggested approach (see links in my last re pky for more info)
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD