Author Topic: 2-1 transition  (Read 1406 times)

Offline ewabear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: November 10, 2016, 20:09:09 pm »
Hi, my DD2 is 10,5 months old and very LSN. She's been in 2x30 min naps for past 2 months. She needs 4-4,5 hours between naps.

Wu 6:30
S.  10:30
A.  11
S.   15
A.  15:30
Bt.   19:30

As she started refusing her naps we decided to give one nap a go, but
For past few I have been trying to put her for a nap around 11, 11:30, 12:00 with little success. She will eventually fall asleep but not without crying. Then she weeps for 30 min in her sleep. She woke up after 40 min and I managed to resettle her so in the end she slept till 2 (1,5h). Bt was 6:30-7. She stirred around 11:30 and then slept till 6.  Why all that crying before nap though?

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: 2-1 transition
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 19:57:37 pm »
Hi there!
I remember your very LSN DD, it doesn't surprise me that she is starting the 2-1 quite young!

You say she started refusing naps...which nap did she start refusing- 1st, 2nd or both?  Before moving straight to one nap, lots of people try shortening one of the naps first. Would that work for your DD?

If not and you feel 1 nap is best way to go, can I ask something:
For past few I have been trying to put her for a nap around 11, 11:30, 12:00 with little success.
We're these attempts all in one day or different times over a few days? If all in one day the crying could be protest if trying nap too early? Or could it be OT at jump to later A time? The transition to 1 nap is tricky and many struggle to jump all in one and take a while to adapt to it.

I think I'd try choosing an A time/set nap time(s)- if doing 2 naps- and stick to it for around a week and see whether she settles into new routine.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline ewabear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 21:33:40 pm »
Timing is an issue here as she wakes up at 6:30 and at 11 she is still not ready, she will be yawning though, but as soon as she gets to her bedroom she will start screaming. Ideally she would have 5 hours between naps so this would make second one very late. We tried putting her to bed around 12, 12:30 but she sleeps only 30 min and then BT at 6.

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: 2-1 transition
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 20:35:11 pm »
Hmmm, that's not a lot of sleep at all. What are her nights like?

Do you think the crying before the nap feels OT, UT or maybe developmental e.g. Seperation anxiety or sleep regression?
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD