Author Topic: Re: nearly 4 year old EW  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Laura_kap

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 16, 2016, 22:47:46 pm »
Hello - wanted to start this thread up again , now my son is almost 4 (4 january 12th) . and we are consistent with bed time around 7:30...and he wakes around 6....which is great....but new issue - he is EXHAUSTED looking at bed time...takes at least an hour to settle....AND wakes up still looking exhausted (pink 'eye shadow' the whole bit) but seems to have decent energy most of the day.....we have a video monitor, and he does toss and bit at night, but usually looks fast asleep.

any ideas  how I can improve his sleep?

is this a big developmental thing at this age?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: nearly 4 year old EW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 13:26:52 pm »
Hi I've started this a new thread as LO is older and you should then more appropriate advice.
Zoe

Offline dache

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Re: nearly 4 year old EW
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 14:29:54 pm »
Is he napping during the day? 
First thing that comes to mind is that maybe the time change is affecting his sleep. I`d suggest earlier bt of one or two nights.

Offline Laura_kap

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 00:31:32 am »
hi - I WISH he was still napping - he stopped napping at 21/2...I tried my hardest to get him to keep napping..but it got to be counterproductive, as it would take be an hour (or 2) to get him to nap...and if he did, he's have a hard time falling alseep - sometimes tossing around from 7:30-9:30pm!  So we do a "quiet time" every day at the same time as he used to nap (and now my 1 1/2 year old is on one nap so they both nap/quiet time from 12-1:45 - which is AWESOME!)

I'm not sure its time change, although that does hit him pretty hard every time it happens - his "waking tired" has been happening for about 3 months now....so it has to be something else...

maybe I'm crazy - but he shouldn't be waking looking like he's exhausted right?