Author Topic: Wakes every time I put him down  (Read 6997 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 14:37:27 pm »
I haven't thought of that? What are the symptoms or signs?we tried starting cereal and fruit but he had a hard time he was gassy etc so I haven't given him much.
As far as scheduled he wakes around 6/615 sometimes 5 sonetimes I can resettle until 7 but average is 6.  I tried to get him down for a nap around eight but I have such a hard time and ends up being too late because I have to bring my other one to school. So he ends up falling asleep in the car around nine which is a three hour a time. He'll sleep for 30 minutes and then usually I'll try again for a nap at 11:30  i'm wondering if that's too long and I should try a bit earlier.  With the short naps though they always end up falling at the same time as he needs to eat. I actually prefer to feed him when he awakes some people think feeding before a nap helps him sleep but not for him. It's just odd to me that before every nap he cries he's fussy and he squirms around like crazy I just wonder why he does that .   Trying to sleep training and putting them in the crib awake time consuming but it's not like I can fall back on my old standby and he'll go to sleep easily because he doesn't go to sleep easily ever in any situation except bedtime. The later is also hard to that he never wants to go down

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Wakes every time I put him down
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 14:59:59 pm »
Here is some info on reflux:

Reflux 101 - General reflux information

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 16:53:20 pm »
Nah I don't think it's reflux. He gets hiccups but that's about it.  Put him down awake today after feeding him (he was falling asleep during feeding) kept him up changed his diaper swaddled his legs sang a little song or two while holding him and put him in crib he didn't cry but was very vocal which he is lately screaming and talking and then it went to a complain and a cry i tried the shh pat with no luck I picked him up no rocking and he closed his eyes right away so I put him down. So still didn't really put himself to sleep though. And slept 40 mins which is better than the 20-30. But he's still yawning now so I know he's not getting any good rest during the day. Going to try again for a nap at 130 without feeding him first he should be able to make it until 2/215 and if he sleeps for 30 mins that's where it gets tricky because he won't go down for another nap late in the day. Ps first A time was almost 3 hrs second was 1.5.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2016, 11:43:55 am »
He ended up falling asleep in the car again from 115-145 and he wouldn't go down for another nap! Bedtime was 6 and he actually slept through the night until 515 am! While this is great I'm not welcoming the early wake up but with such terrible naps I can't make bedtime later.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2016, 15:34:08 pm »
So as far as the sleep training I haven't been able to work on it much because he gets hysterical before every nap! He starts crying and squirming in my arms that I can't even put him in the crib. Today he cried for 20 mins straight until he passed out. I've tried starting routine earlier as well as later but nothing works. We do this 4 times a day. It's awful. Am I missing something ? The room temp is comfortable the white noise is on its dark.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2016, 15:44:19 pm »
He's up crying after 20 minutes

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2016, 16:18:03 pm »
He could be OT by the time you get up to bed could you maybe start but earlier? Any teeth starting to move?
Zoe

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2016, 19:55:12 pm »
I'm sure that could be it but he never shows many sleepy cues. After 20-30 mins naps what kind of A time would you do? He took two 30 min naps and a 20 and I'm working on the fourth nap now 1.5 hrs since he woke from his last 30 min nap. I just fed him so I know he's not hungry. He's just starting to cry in the crib.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2016, 20:08:09 pm »
How old is he 5 months? What A time are you doing? 2/2.5 hours would be about average so of short naps shave 15/20 mins off?
Zoe

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2016, 20:26:03 pm »
He's 4.5 months. He's always only taken short naps. We usually do about 2 hrs A time on average. But usually after 3 short naps in a row I aim for 1.5A time. He ended up falling asleep after 1 hr40 mins A time this last nap. The sleep training is hard though when hes tired after all of the short naps

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2016, 20:59:07 pm »
Ok so A time is ok, it does get easier after the 6 month mark as naps get longer but of course sleep training is prob going to be the main factor x
Zoe

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2016, 12:37:43 pm »
 But as far as the crying and squirming before every nap what could that be from ?

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2016, 13:28:02 pm »
Over tiredness?  Or just not having the independent sleep skills to get himself off to sleep - and therefore getting wound up and frustrated?  I know how annoyed I feel when I'm tired but can't drop off :(
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 13:30:46 pm by jessmum46 »

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2016, 13:51:27 pm »
Yep and my DS2 flings himself about when he's OT and got past being able to settle.
Zoe

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2016, 18:59:05 pm »
Today he's take two naps of 1.5 hours each!! And fell asleep in his own after a little chatting :)!!