Author Topic: Wakes every time I put him down  (Read 7006 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2016, 18:59:38 pm »
Oh and both times it was 2.5 hours A time!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Wakes every time I put him down
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2016, 19:42:32 pm »
Yahey well done you and him x
Zoe

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 21:55:31 pm »
I just can't ever get a nap out of him late in the day so he was up at 220 I'll try for a 6 bedtime

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2016, 08:23:57 am »
Good plan.  The 3-2 is rubbish!  In case it helps, we had 'rules' which were if second nap ends before 3pm, try for catnap (by any means).  If no joy by 5pm then abandon in favour of 6pm bedtime.  If second nap ends after 3pm then BT 3h A later.

Glad you had some good naps yesterday :)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2016, 13:31:48 pm »
Thanks that's helpful will do! If I can just get him to bed a bit later being that he's sleeping from 630 until 5/530 am if he can just push it until at least 6 would be great but I'm afraid that won't happen unless I can get that third nap. Also in the morning we r in the car for school drop off at his 2.5 A time I've been letting him cn for 30 mins but wonder if I try to transfer I might get a long nap or he might wake and I'll get no nap lol. Also if I just get a 30 min cn should I do a shorter A time before next nap like 2 hrs? Otherwise I'll have to cut the nap short to do school pick up. Man this is hard trying to schedule.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2016, 16:05:41 pm »
This morning he did fall asleep in the car slept from 9-930 and he actually went down for nap 1.5 hrs after. So his A times are all over the place which is probably the reason I'm having such a hard time with naps plus the fact that he's always happy and pleasant so you never know when he's tired lol.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2016, 12:10:39 pm »
 We are getting better at naptime most of the time he goes in awake and falls asleep not every time. He Usually wakes around 630 and then does a 30 minute catnap in the car from 9 to 930 at school drop off  then his second nap is usually around 11 and for an hour and a half ago yesterday it was earlier but only for 30 minutes. His third nap is usually around three but sometimes only 30-45 minutes.  So we still are only getting really want to good nap and bedtime around 630.   He's been sleeping through until around 4- 4:30 AM  and then goes back until 630.   How can I help him sleep through instead of waking at 4:30.   I'm thinking if he does a later longer nap I can get him to bed a little later and maybe he'll sleep a little later and not wake until 6 ish.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2016, 14:36:15 pm »
 This morning we also had trouble with the first nap being that he's used to taking it in the car but there is no school today he only slept for maybe 25 minutes it took him a bit to get him to sleep

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2016, 13:47:18 pm »
he's always happy and pleasant
This is what you need to hold onto hun - if he's happy and chirpy even when sleep goes to pot then I'd call that a win :D

I've lost track of how old he is but I think less than 6 months?  To me 9.5-10h stretch then back down for another couple of hours is fab, I don't think necessarily you can 'fix' that to a whole STTN right now - just hang in there x

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2016, 14:13:47 pm »
Completely agree with Katherine, sleeping through to 4/4:30 at this age is fab hun, I would certainly expect he would still need a feed at that time (he is just under 5 months?).  I really wouldn't expect an LO who isn't well established on solids yet to be sleeping through, and that is just a time/age thing.  I know from your other thread you've started solids a bit early on the advice of your doctor, however I don't think it becomes really established until they are eating 3 meals plus milk.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2016, 11:58:38 am »
Even with good naps which some days he does others I still get 3-4 30 min naps he still goes down around 630. Last night we had two Wakings 130 and then 5! And he never really settled back. My first son slept through the night at 5 weeks this guy is 5 months and still not!

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2016, 13:25:54 pm »
All in good time hun :) My DS didn't sleep through until he was just over a year!  And DD (who is a rockstar sleeper) was 6 months, pretty well as soon as she was on solids.  Every LO is different and it is still absolutely normal and necessary for him to need to feed once or twice in the night.  I'd say if your first slept through at 5 weeks you got extremely lucky, because that certainly isn't the norm  ;)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2016, 13:28:15 pm »
My DS2 is 10.5 months and still wakes once, not always to feed but he's very different to his older brother. Just try and remember how quickly they get to be 3yrs old and that's what makes me stay patient.
Zoe

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2016, 11:05:41 am »
But lately I can't get him back to sleep and I can barely function taking care of both kids all day waking up before 5!! Is there anything I can do to stop the early Wakings ?

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2016, 11:08:36 am »
I had some success with sitting DD#1 back to sleep when she woke so early. There was a chair by her bed and I just held her in the chair in hopes of getting another round of sleep for myself and one day we woke like 2 hours later! I know you've got two others but maybe that early you could get away with it AND get at least a little more sleep for yourself?