Author Topic: All of a sudden  (Read 1330 times)

Offline sce

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 23, 2016, 19:25:39 pm »
My 22 month old girl has always gone down for her naps without an issue and down at night as well.  She naps every day for 2 hours (1:15pm-3:15pm) and goes to bed at night and sleeps until the morning (7:30pm-7:30am).

Nothing has changed and all of a sudden she's refusing to go to bed at night.  It has only been 2 days, but she's quite upset at night.  I play a song hat she likes on my cell phone a couple of times and then I tell her that I have to go get something and I never go back in.  She puts herself to sleep in about 20-30 minutes.  She doesn't fuss after I start paying the song.

Should I just leave it since she calms down with playing the song?  I could be a lot worse.

Today is day 3 and now's she's not napping at all.  She's not fussing.  Just playing in her crib.  I'm worried she'll be a disaster when she's up though.

I don't know if we should shorten her nap or anything.  Or maybe I should just leave it cause it's not like she's complaining too much yet.

Any suggestions?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: All of a sudden
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 13:36:12 pm »
Hey there, is prob think you may need to just shorten the nap a little, maybe just try putting her down 15 mins later but get her up at the same time. There is a big development leap in language at this age so it could just be that.

If she's not upset I'd leave her be but keep in mind that if she doesn't nap or takes ages to go to sleep at night her BT might need to be brought a little earlier.

We had nap refusal at this age and I used to make sofa comfy and have cuddles then he slept or go fur a walk drive to shops if he totally resisted.x
Zoe

Offline sce

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 19:32:48 pm »
She wasn't too unhappy the first couple of days, but now even entering her room makes her scream.  By the 3rd day she started to wake up in the middle of night.  It seems impossible to settle her.

Last night she slept through the night, but woke up at 5am screaming for me.

Today we put her down for her nap 15 minutes later.  So we'll see if that help.

Should we also put her down earlier?  She goes down at 7:30.  Should we aim for 7:15?  or 7?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: All of a sudden
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 14:52:04 pm »
Fingers crossed, maybe try 7pm extra cuddles etc in case she's suffering with separation anxiety a bit with view to leaving her at 7.15pm.

It's poss a bit of OT setting in by day 3 so if she doesn't nap try and keep day to 12 hours x
Zoe