Author Topic: Early waking for 2.8 year old  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Gembond

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 03, 2016, 05:39:44 am »
My little girl is 2 years and 8 months. We have been having early wake up for the past few weeks now and need advice.

She goes to bed at 7pm, has milk, story and settles herself to sleep fine. We then wake about 1am and I can manage to settle her by laying her down, giving her blanket and she settles back down. But then we wake at half 5 and screams if I don't bring her downstairs! She shares a room with her 7 year old sister so don't like to disturb her either. She had cut out her nap and was doing fine but now with this she ends up having a nap for about half an hour at about 1pm (depends what we doing as usually falls asleep in car) please help me!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Early waking for 2.8 year old
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 09:23:35 am »
Hello, welcome to BW forums :)

Could you give us a little more information please?
What was her regular routine before the disturbance started? (BT, any night waking and normal WU time in the morning - so without the nap)
How long ago did she drop her nap?  How long was her nap and how long was her night sleep before she dropped the nap?

It sounds like you might just need to cut that nap out again as she is relying on it to top up her shorter night sleep but it will be helpful for us to see the bigger picture if you can answer those questions.