Author Topic: Sssh pat night 3  (Read 1165 times)

Offline paulak412

• Am I nuts or what!!
  • New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Is it bedtime yet?
Sssh pat night 3
« on: December 12, 2016, 07:14:40 am »
Little background.  Up until 13 weeks and leap 3 my LG was fallong asleep independently for naps and nighttime. Although she has never slept through (bf). Post 13 weeks needs rocked beginning and during naps and night time. Was advice it could be sleep regression and to get her to sleep however possible as 'bad habits' could not be established this early  l. Fast forward to 3 nights ago thinking the worst of leap 4 is over I would try ssh pat to teach her to sleep without rocking (we do cosleep and use a dummy still and will continue until at least 6 months.). Anyways for the last 3 nights she has dropped off with ssh pat after a bit 30 min with no fighting at all. During the night I have been trying to reduce feeding as at this age I don't think she still needs 4 feeds a night. My problem is she lies awake chitterlings away for ages ssh pat is just not working. Although she doesn't cry I'm having to feed her and I know she not hungry. Any suggestions
Mother to sheá 28.06 07 and eabhà 01.08.16

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Sssh pat night 3
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 16:06:08 pm »
If she's lying awake chattering can you just ignore her?  I wouldn't intervene really unless she actually needs you.

What's her routine like in the daytime right now?

Offline paulak412

• Am I nuts or what!!
  • New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Is it bedtime yet?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 16:46:28 pm »
I'll try ignoring her tonight. I'm still also trying to get her to sleep after 5 am but no luck as yet. So up at 6 (awake from 5 but I try to get her back to sleep).eat and activity nap 7.30 for 40 min (can't do longer as I've a son to bring to school) back from school run 9.10 eat, sleep 9.30 (from 1 to 2 hours) then sort of the same until bedtime at 6.30.
Mother to sheá 28.06 07 and eabhà 01.08.16

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 13:15:49 pm »
How many naps does she have in the day?  Perhaps you could post a whole day or two for us to see?  It can be hard when they catnap but I did find around 4 months that too many naps started causing us problems...