Author Topic: Previously good nighttime sleeper waking at 2.30am - 15 weeks  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Sara1001

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Previously good nighttime sleeper waking at 2.30am - 15 weeks
« on: December 15, 2016, 03:18:33 am »
Hi, I have been quite lucky with my baby being a good sleeper, getting through to 6.30am sometimes at 8 weeks. Now though she has gone back to waking around 2.30/3.30am for the last week. How do I get her to go back to longer stretches at night?

We are on a 3hr easy, starting around 7.30am. she's pretty much a good baby but sometimes comes up a bit short on naps. Sometims she doesn't drink that much during feeds, as little as 50ml but if she has a small feed it's followed by a bigger one, about 100-120 ml.

Evening time we feed at 4, 6 and then bath and another feed at 7pm, followed by a dream feed at 10.30pm.  She takes a good amount at the 6 & 7pm & dream feeds so I'm surprised she's not lasting longer.

At night she feeds and goes back to sleep but then often wakes at around 5.30am now when a cuddle seems to settle her til 7am.

I know I haven't got things too bad but I would like the longer stretches back at night, any tips?

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Previously good nighttime sleeper waking at 2.30am - 15 weeks
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 10:32:24 am »
Sounds like a growth spurt to me. I don't have any knowledge about how to deal with a GS in a Bottle fed baby ( which I'm assuming she is based on you knowing how much she takes), but in a breast fed baby you tend to just try & feed them more often, I think with a bottle fed it normally means you start to move to a 4 hour easy. Hopefully someone who knows more about FF can help there.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05