Author Topic: Going to sleep.... and then screams!  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Twomagpies

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 12, 2016, 22:33:18 pm »
Any tips?
DS is 7 weeks old. This is what happens when i put him down to sleep:
He's awake but sleepy. I wind him on my shoulder, bit of rocking, then out him down awake and pat his back. This all seems to go well, and after a minute or so the eyes are rolling closed... alll good so far he closes his eyes, i still have my hands on him. He jolts a bit but seems to stay asleep, his breathing slows, i totally think we are winning.... And then he starts crying😩😩! Every time at the same point in the "going to sleep" cycle! I have not removed my hands or done anything. Then we have to start all over again... eventually either so much time passes and I feed him again, or one attempt works and he stays asleep. It is exhausting for all of us.
Suggestions?

Offline SDER

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • The loves of my life <3
Re: Going to sleep.... and then screams!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 20:01:43 pm »
Sorry, don't have any advice, but I feel you.  I've been there/am there right now too and it's no fun *hugs*.  How long has this been going on?  Is he particularly gassy?  I know that gas has been an issue for us.  Definitely following this thread though.  Hope you find some answers.

Offline Twomagpies

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 15:40:34 pm »
Well, he does have a fair bit of wind, and certainly squirms a lot, sometimes is better after winding but often not!
Good luck to you too, maybe they will just grow out of it?

Offline SDER

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • The loves of my life <3
Re: Going to sleep.... and then screams!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 15:57:02 pm »
They do!  My first was super gassy and, as it turned out, was allergic to dairy which probably didn't help things.  But he did grow out of it.  If he does have a tendency to be gassy, perhaps a tummy massage could be a good part of your wind down.