Author Topic: 10.5 month old naps and night help  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
10.5 month old naps and night help
« on: December 16, 2016, 07:04:31 am »
Hi all DS2 is 11 months on 30th and I'm in a mess.

He's never slept through the night we've had the occasional 7pm-5.30am but nothing regular, he self settles 90% of the time but still wakes in the night. We had eliminated NF but a couple of weeks ago he got really ill with a tummy bug then a chest infection and went on food and drink strike so we had to feed him at night to try and re hydrate him or he would've had to go to hospital. So NF is back but reducing again....
I'm just stuck as school run tends to mess up naps and can't decide if NW are OT or that he's been ill or that he's started cruising g and is too busy standing up shouting us. Sometimes NW are chatty sometimes crying.

Days look roughly like this mon-wed as I'm at home and DS1 is in after school club
WU 6.30
Nap 9.45-10.15
Nap 1.30-3

Thurs fri we attend a playgroup both mornings
So nap
9.45-10.15
Then this is prob he won't go down until 1.30 but I have to get him up at 2.30 to get to school.

I'm sure A times needs moving in the morning but he starts nursery in 2 weeks and this is there first nap time!!
Zoe

Offline SDER

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • The loves of my life <3
Re: 10.5 month old naps and night help
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 09:17:07 am »
Hi!

I remember that my first 2 had completely dropped the first nap by 10.5 months.  Perhaps it's time to start capping the first nap until it's gone.  How flexible would the nursery be about DS not doing the nap?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 10.5 month old naps and night help
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 13:47:37 pm »
Thanks, the first one is only 30/40 mins capped anyway and he's always shattered by that time so I don't he's going to be ready to cut that just yet.

Nursery are flexible but they try and get kids all napping together, DS1 went to same nursery and done data it was like talking to a brick wall lol x
Zoe