Author Topic: 11mo refuses to eat during day and is hungry all night  (Read 4799 times)

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: 11mo refuses to eat during day and is hungry all night
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2016, 12:00:57 pm »
Yay!!!!  Fantastic news!! :D I think if you keep sticking with the bottle pattern during the day you are going to see many more nights like this :).  And I'm sure it's much less stressful for you not feeding as frequently in the day :)

Offline kjr928

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2016, 17:59:32 pm »
Hi there,
Last night she woke up at 11p & 5a and I gave her 2oz each time.

Today, however, I made a mistake. I have her about 4oz at 7:30am when she woke up, and then without thinking, I gave her 6oz around noon after she woke up from her nap. Normally I would make her wait until about 3pm. So what should I do now? Give her the bottle at 3pm as usual or push it off? It's going to throw her sched off a little.

Thanks!

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2016, 18:27:12 pm »
If she had  6oz at noon did she have any lunch? I would probably just offer a snack and a drink really, she should be hungry for her evening meal and then bedtime bottle then.

Good night again! Is she settling quite easily after the bottles in the night?

Laura

Offline kjr928

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2016, 15:24:02 pm »
Hi there!

So we're still doing good with one wake up around 5am. I haven't reduced her formula to 1oz yet - we had a couple of rough days with being over tired and visiting grandma. She's been giving me a little bit of a hard time going to bed at night. Not quite sure if she's over tired or under tired TBH. Once she is acting a little more normal/stable I will reduce to 1oz.

And yes, I do give her meals/snacks and water between bottles :)
Thanks!

Offline kjr928

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2016, 03:41:14 am »
Hi there! I just wanted to give an update. A couple of days after my last post, DD started sleeping through the night all on her own! So I really can't thank you enough for the help you gave me. I was able to catch up on some much needed sleep... and then... things changed...

Two days ago after I put her to bed, she woke up around 10pm hysterical - I didn't know what was wrong so I fed her. She only took a little and didn't really want it. I could not get her back down until about 1am, and then she woke up every 1-2 hours. Again, not really wanting the bottle, but just to be held.

She did the same thing last night, and now we're on the same track again tonight as well. There are a lot of things going on at once so I don't know what the problem is.
- she's teething
- she hasn't been eating that well during the day (maybe teething related)
- she has a runny nose
- she's learning how to sit herself up in the crib
- maybe she needs to go down to one nap since she's about to have her first bday?

Any ideas? Should I post in a different section? What do you think? Thanks. 🙁

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2016, 16:15:58 pm »
Ho w are things now?

It will be a combination of all those things I imagine, are you medicating for teeth? We found that ibuprofen at bedtime and then paracetamol during the night if they woke was effective for teething at night. We would do it for 3 nights then leave it and see how the 4th night went.

I wouldn't get back into the habit of offering the bottle again though, just comfort and settle back to sleep. You can offer a sip of water if you think she may be thirsty. It will pass.

Laura