Author Topic: Feeding solids to 3mo instead of milk... can you imagine?  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
Feeding solids to 3mo instead of milk... can you imagine?
« on: December 22, 2016, 12:59:34 pm »
Ok... some of you know that I have a small business and I am doing sleep consultancy here in Poland locally, it's usually connected with feeding advice. I just have a mum who stared feeding solids to a 3mo and STOPPED feeding her child with milk at all. On my question why - she said she couldn't BF anymore and additionally the kid is allergic to milk protein. So I say, ok I get it - why not offering some MP-free formulas as they are the only good replacement for mother's milk? And she said... "when I was 2mo, my mother gave me solids and I am totally fine", and the only replacement she can think of for her BM is plant milk... as she is against formula.

Sorry - I just have to say out loudly. AAAAAAA! Really??!!! When the BF admiration and support which I do and love changed in FF hatred with so great admiration of solids? I just cannot imagine a 3mo not eating milk at all, feeding solids (how?!?!? when lying) instead. ONLY solids. We are not talking about early solids introduction to a 3mo, we are talking about replacement! Milk to solids 100%.

Sorry, I am 40 weeks pregnant and waiting for the baby and I am really emotional?!?! How people can make something to their child?!?! I am crying.

Ps. I don't have to tell you that her baby is crying and NOT sleeping at all as that's the reason she came to us.
~Marta

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Feeding solids to 3mo instead of milk... can you imagine?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 15:57:21 pm »
Oh my goodness!  Is there some sort of medical professional you can get involved?  I would think there would be serious health consequences for the baby!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 08:44:59 am »
Oh dear :(
Incredibly worrying and sad.
Many hugs Marta, I can understand how upsetting it must be to have come across this IRL xxx

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 13:50:00 pm »
Oh gosh, I hope she is willing to listen to you Marta...so much potential for dangerous situations there.  I hope her doctor will talk some sense into her.

Offline 1stimer

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 20:40:46 pm »
That's slightly terrifying! I would get a medical professional involved asap. I would think they might even see it as a type of neglect, esp of the baby begins to drop weight etc. I mean I don't mean to say she's purposefully hurting her child but it seems that her knowledge or lack thereof may be causin a problem.

[/url]

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
Re: Feeding solids to 3mo instead of milk... can you imagine?o
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 21:42:54 pm »
She wrote to me that after my questions and concerns about food she would like to delay consultation and meet with a pead to make sure her choice is right. I really hope the doc will make her understand it's not an option to feed her only on solids at that age. I even hope he is losing weight and I hope that will make that lady stop going that route. If the LO was 6mo I can imagine a lot of docs here saying no milk is fine (the knowledge of the peads is terrifying), but I hope that at that age someone will make her stop.

I also made clear that if she decides to continue this way I cannot help in any way. I cannot imagine any idea of sleep trying (mild or not) with a kiddo who can be hungry and in pain because of being fed with food which is not yet for her. I was trying to be nice and not judging so she won't run away as that makes this child suffer IMO:/ and I am very glad they decided for a doc's appoitnment. I guess many of her sleep problems might disappear when she is properly fed.
~Marta

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 08:25:35 am »
More hugs Marta.
Very tricky situation x