Author Topic: Major SA affecting sleep, need help (I'm sick)  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: Major SA affecting sleep, need help (I'm sick)
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 20:06:10 pm »
Thank you for the update. Fingers crossed this is the start of better nights for you all. Merry Christmas and Happy New Yearcto you and your family.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline chauncycay

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Happy baby is more than a yoga pose :)
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 18:23:19 pm »
Last night down at 7p with daddy in crib fairly quickly. Up at 2:30am and I got her down quickly in her crib. Then slept through until 6:08am! :))))))
Hoping we're getting ready for a new happy pattern.
Whew!
Blessing to all!

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 19:57:27 pm »
Great news   :D
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline chauncycay

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 20:25:00 pm »
Yea! So today she got up at 5:10 and was super talkative and wanted her shirt off, etc. Every excuse in the book not to stay asleep. She started getting really upset so I picked her up and waffles her around the house to show her it's dark, everyone is asleep. We need to be quiet so we don't wake up daddy. She can be quiet in her crib if she doesn't want to sleep anymore.
She got quiet, I got her back in her crib and she started then softly talking, totally not going back to sleep, so I figured I'd try to show her she could do it by herself.
I kept it dark, walked out and told her I had to go potty and is be right back. I did, she was silent and I saw on their monitor she just stood at the end of her crib waiting. So I went right back in. Then I said I was going to get a friend for her (that's what we call stuffed animals). I brought her one, kept it dark and asked her who it was. She guessed right :-) we did this three times and then when she asked me for a hug (one of her new excuse to get on me/touch when not asleep) I asked her to hug one of her friends. She did and giggled.
So this worked for the hour we need to get to the candle on time of 6:15. When it came on we celebrated and she said "candle on, up on mommy please!" With a giant smile.
So that was good, but we were up an hour early.
I thought I'd watch her for sleepy signs and nap early but no morning cat nap (we APOP those in the car between 8:30-9 ish after really bad nights. "Let's go get breakfast tacos...").
Normal morning, not quite enough physical activity it's super windy cold out today. So we took a longer "little walk" before nap. I was aiming for an hour early at noon but she kept wanting to walk/explore, etc. I got her in her crib at 12:30. Likely too late, but no sleepy signs. She's impossible to read still unless she's super tired she just keeps winding herself up...
I just got her down. I did a mix of WI/WO and gentle removal with me sitting on the floor, as opposed to laying in the big girl bed, or sitting in the chair. I'm trying to her farther away from her, not in any of the old standard places in her room, while avoiding winding her up too much. It's tricky! She finally went to sleep at 2! It's still a great time for the overall day schedule. I figure we just get her in bed before 7 as per usual unless she only naps under an hour.
Ugh, yesterday was so perfect! She napped for an hour and a half in her crib! She rarely naps that long, and she went down in ~15 minutes last night and slept through until 5a. So I know she got enough sleep total for yesterday, but it kind of jacked our day today.
Any tips from this? I rarely do nap duty, it's usually my husband so that might also be what's throwing her off. Lots more mommy time than usual. :-)
It's so nice to be with her during the day as opposed to just the quick after work rush to dinner, bath and bed. Not looking forward to that again after the holidays. Next week we're back to normal with her in school (half day care at the church) and DH as primary for day, me working full time, and hopefully getting home a little earlier so we have more family time.
Ready for a new year! :D

Offline chauncycay

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2016, 16:18:53 pm »
Last couple of nights she's gone back to up a couple of times in the middle (12-2am ish) for an hour, up and down work WI/WO and gradual removal if she flips out.
I think WI/WO worked when she didn't think I was leaving because I did it so fast. If I open the door and say sleepy words and immediately go out she may think I'm still in there. It's pitch black in her room. She can't see.
So I think we may be stuck with gradual removal?
I'll keep doing the in out quick in the middle if she's not fully awake because it works and I can get back to bed usually. But after 4am I'm pretty much stuck in her room. I keep getting closer to the door, and try to leave occasionally but if she hears me she gets all upset. The only way I can leave is if it's after 5am, goal/candle is on at 6:15, &I know she's not going to fall back asleep I talk a little more "I'm going to potty, be right back" & she'll wait quietly.
She's basically insistent if she's not super sleepy that I stay in there :(
So any tips on how I can get her to rest at least quietly in her crib without me in there after a reasonable 5am, until a more reasonable 6am?
Today I laid down on the floor between her crib and the door and she kept asking for - everything- hugs to milk to waffles to stuffed animals to daddy... I just repeated sleepy words, but it got her all worked up and then went into soft explanation that everyone is asleep, we don't wake up daddy,  rest quietly, even if you don't sleep, etc. I finally got her calmed down with my foot in her crib and she laid down holding it. *sigh
I'm not getting in that big girl bed again though! ;)
Help, tips...

Offline chauncycay

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2016, 22:58:59 pm »
40 minute nap today finally down at 1:05p after being up since 5 am.
Definitely going to get her in bed early.
I'm confused as to if this is all OT or if we need a schedule change?
I started a new topic just for OT vs UT. I'm confused...happy brew year!